Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hangin' with the girls

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21st - 2009

So, two of my friends from church are having their babies soon, so a bunch of us got together today for a final girls day before the babies come.  We met at The Olive Garden for lunch at noon and then went to see this:
I'll admit, this movie was not on my list of movies that I was interested in seeing.  I'd seen the commercials, and I really don't relate to it at all.  I am SO not a girly girl and I don't really enjoy shopping.  However, a day out with the girls at the movies is always a good time, so of course I went.  Maybe it was because I was totally expecting to not like it, but I was surprised.  It wasn't horrible.  I still don't get the shopping thing, but I thought Isla Fisher was cute and there were a couple of parts that made me laugh out loud.  Not the best movie in the world, but I didn't hate it either.  

I did however, develop a minor crush on this guy:
I kind of thought he was adorable.  

Have any of you seen the movie?  What did you think?

3 comments:

prism said...

never heard of it. Definitely not my type of movie, either. hmm.

Sheri said...

I loved it. I've read some of the books and I love the way the author writes her characters. Ian liked it too.

And Hugh Dancy was definitely worth seeing.

Shauna said...

I totally agree with everything you said in your blog - I am not a girly-girl; I hate shopping; the movie wasn't my favorite but still entertaining enough; and the lead guy was very, very cute!

Thank you so much for going out to lunch and a movie with us. It is always nice to get together no matter what we do.