Monday, February 2, 2009

Hangin' out

FRIDAY, JANUARY 30th - 2009

So, Grandma's house was a bust today.  Michael and Xander were at a birthday party, and Dallin wasn't available either, so there was no one for Joe to play with today.  Thankfully, he's not yet too cool to hang out with his mom.  

So, we came home and did one of our favorite things -   hangin' out on the bed.  Joe will say, "mom, you wanna go talk on the bed", and I'll say of course.  So we head into my room, get comfortable, and chat.  Sometimes we'll get our books and read, sometimes we'll watch a show together, or he'll play his guitar for me and show me how good he is getting.  Sometimes we play "guess what I'm thinking of".  It's kind of like 20 questions.  But most of the time we just talk.  He'll tell me about school, friends, music, cool magic tricks, something he saw on you tube - whatever.  

I have to say that it is one of my favorite things to do EVER.  Someday I'm sure he'll be too cool to hang out with mom, but I'll take it for as long as I can get it.  Joe is AWESOME!

gettin' cozy:
Tiger likes to hang out on the bed too:

6 comments:

Teresa said...

This is a true testiment to what a good mom you are. What better compliment then knowing your son loves to hang out with you?

Trina said...

How great is that!! Whenever we hang out on the bed a big jumping frenzy starts and dog pile on mom. I like your idea better!

Sheri said...

I think a kid has less chances of getting in trouble if they have a good relationship with their parent(s). You're my idol.

Unknown said...

You are one incredible mother, aunt and friend. You can comunicate with kids at any level and they all want to be around you. You truly are one of the best moms I know.

Karen Lambson said...

That Joes is a pretty neat kid also. I am proud to be called his grandma.

Shauna said...

What a great relationship! That is awesome that Joe can talk to you about anything at anytime and that you have the time for him. You really are a great mom! Can I come over and take lessons from you?!