Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Buzzing

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1st - 2009

I really believe in the power of positive thinking.  Thoughts are things, and all that.  For me, I really have to work at it.  I don't know if I'm a naturally negative person, or I worry to much, or what, but I have to actively remind myself to think positively about things.  Sometimes I catch Joe getting a little negative, so I try to remind him to think positively.  

For example:  As many of you know, my son LOVES Disneyland.  He talks about it a lot.  Usually he'll get sad and say: "I miss it, I really want to go back" and he'll pout and be sad.  And I try to remind him to think of it in a happy way - instead of being sad and dwelling on the fact that he isn't there, I told him that whenever he thinks about Disneyland, he should focus on all of the fun that he had and try and get that warm happy fuzzy feeling inside.  I call this "buzzing".  I told him that "buzzing" about things we want, instead of focusing on the lack of what we have will bring about what we want faster.  Generating positive energy and positive thought instead of being miserable and sad about what we don't have.  

Apparently he has been practicing.  I came in the family room today and saw this:
He printed it off of the computer.  I asked Brian, "what's this?"  He said that it's the sign over the entrance of Disneyland.  Joe has been carrying it around all morning and has been "buzzing" about Disneyland.  

We'll be there before you know it.  

5 comments:

prism said...

Have you been reading "The Secret"?

I'm the same way - I have to actively work on being positive. I'm getting better at it, though, I think. Mostly, it's difficult because I worry too much, and because our nation lives under a shroud of negativity.

For me, I think the key is to expand my faith so I will worry less.

Sheri said...

Interesting.

Teresa said...

I think he's just exloiting your love of Disneyland to get the next trip planned!

LauraB said...

Tell him there are poor children all over the world who have never been to Disneyland even once - maybe that would put him in a frame of mind that he'd be grateful for the many times he's been.

Kim said...

Believe me, I have told him that. The boy has an obsessive personality. Once he thinks about something, he won't give it up.