Monday, February 23, 2009

breakthrough

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 19th - 2009

After consistently exercising for nearly 6 weeks, I FINALLY had a breakthrough today.  Every day going to the gym is HARD for me!  So far I have not enjoyed it.  My muscles are sore and when I'm on the treadmill, my legs feel heavy like stones.  I don't want to take another step.  I have to force myself to do it.  Thank goodness for ipod's or I would have probably quit a long time ago.

However, today was different.  I got to the gym, started up the treadmill at my usual speed and started walking.  It felt strange, like I was going really slow or something.  Instead of feeling like stones my legs felt as light as feathers.  It was a really strange feeling.  And, when it came time to run, I could actually do it without feeling like I was killing myself.  It was awesome.  I actually turned the speed up and went faster.  I hope this is some kind of breakthrough and not a one time thing.  
Also I learned today that "Ned Atomic Dustbin" is a good band to listen to  while you are trying to run.  

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Somedays I feel my whole body is fighting me when I run. But other days it's almost fun. It's a good feeling, huh?

Teresa said...

This just reminds me of how long it has been since I worked out....feeling guilty now.

Shauna said...

Holy Crow! Six weeks??! That is awesome! Good for you!

prism said...

That's great, Kim! Congrats. I need to get going on that again... a couple months of slacking off, and I'm amazed at how quickly I lost some of my progress. hmph.