Sunday, February 15, 2009

A go to the park kind of day

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9th - 2009

Today is what Joe and I used to call a "go to the park" kind of day.  It's cool, the clouds are out in full force, it's gorgeous.  Also, I knew that Addy and Ro would be leaving town for a few days and this would be my last chance to see them.

I know all my "pictures of the day" are of the kiddo's, but I can't help it - that's who I hang with.  These are my peeps.

So, my mom and I walked to the park with Evan, Addy and Ro.

Evan was awesome.  As soon as we got outside, he started running and giggling and shouting "outside, outside."  I think he was happy to be outside.
There was lots of running and chasing of tumbleweeds.  The wind was blowing them everywhere.  The kids spent more time chasing the tumbleweeds than they did on any of the playground equipment at the park.
Ro was happy with his stick.  What is it about little boys and sticks?  When Joe was little (and even still sometimes now) whenever we went anywhere outside, he'd immediately start looking for a good stick.
The outing was short lived.  The wind kicked up a lot and Addy decided that she was cold and had to go to the bathroom, so we left.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.


2 comments:

Teresa said...

FUN Day! Jack is already in that same frame of mind. He loves a good stick, or better yet, a good rock. We always come back from our walks with rocks.

Sheri said...

Thank you for taking Evan. He had a blast!