Thursday, February 26, 2009

cookies and trivial pursuit

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd - 2009

Another lazy Sunday.   Today Joe decided he wanted to play Trivial Pursuit.  I was surprised.  He has NEVER played before.  It happens to be one of my favorite games, so I was more than happy.   I like this version because it has easy/medium/hard questions.  It makes me feel smarter because I can actually answer questions.  Except for History.  I am lame-o at history.  It's because I have a bad memory and can't remember when ANYTHING happened.   Also, how am I supposed to know who the first minister of Scotland was.  Really?  Does ANYONE know the answer to that?
Anyway, we each were our own team.  We decided ahead of time that Brian and I could give hints to Joe to help him out.  I guess we helped too  much because he totally beat us.  Brian and I both still needed 2 pies when he won.  Oh well.

Today we also made cookies.  I had bought the stuff for Brian's moms sugar cookie recipe (our absolute favorite) to make for valentines day.  We finally got around to making them today.  It is a LONG process, but totally worth it.  Brian helped me mix the dough, and Joe helped me cut out the cookies and make the frosting.  

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.  What did you do?

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Trivial Pursuit and cookies. Sounds like a great day.

Shauna said...

Frosted sugar cookies are the best thing in world! YUM! I could eat a dozen easily. However, I would never in a million years want to make them because it is too involved of a process. I like things that can be mixed in one bowl and poured into one pan and baked. Simple. Easy. Lazy.

Teresa said...

I hate Trivia Pursuit. It has to be a team effort for me to have a chance of winning. Some of those questions are too obscure.