Friday, January 23, 2009

zoo day

MONDAY, JANUARY 19th - 2009

Since there was no school today, Sheri and I decided to take the kids to the zoo.  Apparently everyone else on the planet had the same idea.  It was pretty crowded.  However, the nice thing about the zoo is that there are no lines to wait in, and the kids can pretty much weasel their way to the front so they can see the animals.  I was frustrated with the blazing sunlight today, it really is not conducive to picture taking.  Here are a few from the day:

Every time I see the little owl's, I suddenly want to watch the movie "Hoot".  They are so adorable.
Gotta love the giraffe's.  They are so cool looking and plus they are super tall and easy to see over the crowd's heads.  
Isn't this the cutest bunch of monkeys you've ever seen?
My favorite picture of the day:
Joe and Max.  Two of my favorite boys.  They are wearing the same shirt today, as well as the same expression on their faces.

Took tons of more photo's of course, but don't want to post them all here.  You've been to the zoo.  You know what it's like.

We spent the most time watching the otters.  They are Joseph's favorite.  What is your favorite animal at the zoo?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That is a great picture.

I love the orangutans (sp?) but apparently so does everyone else in the free world.

Teresa said...

That last pic is the best!