Monday, January 26, 2009

midnight rain

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21st - 2009

So this photo-a-day thing is kind of annoying sometimes.  I mean most days it's more of the same - bills, cleaning, ironing, helping Joe with homework, etc.  Nothing much exciting to write home about.  Often at the end of the day I find myself thinking "oh crap, I didn't take a dang picture of the day today."  What would there have been to take a picture of anyway?  
 
Today was one of those days.  I realized pretty late on that I hadn't taken a photo.  Thankfully, around midnight it started raining, and you all know how much I love the rain, so that's what your getting.

It's hard to take a picture in the dark.  I couldn't really tell what I was taking a picture of, I just wanted to capture some rain.  There are a couple of little dot's on there, but you can't really tell its raining.
So, I took this picture too:  
Here you can actually see the rain dots on the sidewalk.  Then, I hurried and put my camera away and I went and stood outside in the rain for about 10 minutes.  It smelled so good - the wet dirt mixed with pine tree smell.  It was fabulous to stand outside and smell the rain and feel it on my face.  It really made my day. 

 It's all about the little things in life that make you happy, right?

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I liked this post. Love the rain and I totally understand days where it is hard to find something special.

Sheri said...

The smell of rain is the best. Wet dirt...mmmm...

Shauna said...

The smell of rain is my favorite smell in the world! I love the rain! Probably because we hardly ever get any here in Arizona. It might be different if I lived in Oregon or even Forks, Washington were it rains all the time!