Monday, January 12, 2009

Having a Day

SATURDAY, JANUARY 10th - 2009

Last night Brian says to me: "Let's have a day tomorrow".   I know when I hear "Let's have a day", that Brian wants to go DO something, be out and about.  Being the homebody that I am, I don't usually feel the need to be out and about, but I know it makes him happy, so I agree.

So, we had a day.  First we went to lunch with my mom and dad.  We went to Cheesecake Factory.  
Then we went to Sam's club to look at a table.  We desperately need a new kitchen table and set of chairs.

That was enough out and abouting for me, but Brian wasn't done having a day yet.  He and Joe went to Tilly's to spend their Christmas gift cards.
And, as Brian pointed out, he can't be THAT close to Gelato Premio and not go in for some gelato.  He brought me home peppermint - yum!
When he got home, he quickly took down the Christmas lights from off the house.  Then, he parked it on the couch and watched some football.

Sounds like he had a day to me.

What do you like to do when you "have a day"?

8 comments:

prism said...

I suppose it varies, really. On Saturday, I went with a friend, her baby, and Hana and Hana's friend to the art store - yay! The art store is located in a huge facility which used to be a meat-packing plant, but is now artist studios/shops, etc., so we walked around a bit. Then, went to the mall (I don't do this often). Wore me out!

For the family, it's usually anything from the science center, the zoo or the movies to hiking in the forest, going to the park or even just the library.

Teresa said...

That sounds like a nice day!

Adam Gonzales said...

You know what you should do Kimmy? You should promote my blog. I need followers so that I can gain better access to a publisher. Please.

LauraB said...

My day would be perfect if I could wake up late, have a great brunch, watch a good chick flick, have some people over for pizza and play games and end the evening by curling up and reading a good book. Alas, I've not had a day where all those things happen in the requisite 24 hours!

Kim said...

Laura, that sounds like the best day EVER.

Sheri said...

A good day for me would be going hiking with my family, shopping with a friend and then out to dinner.

or maybe 24 hours of sleeping.

Trina said...

yummm gelato! I like having days, Darrel not so much. Maybe you could hang with Darrel at home and I'll have a Day with Brian and Joe.

Brian said...

Is it a Lambson thing or just a Kim and Darrel thing? Anytime you want to have a Day let me know. I'm sure Joe would be up for it.