Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

SUNDAY, JANUARY 4th - 2009

This is what we woke up to today:
Here is the same view from Saturday morning:
Yeah, it snowed a lot.  And, it continued to snow all day.  It snow pretty constant for about 16 hours (since midnight Saturday night).  And then off and on after that.

So, the plan was to go to church this morning, then come home, pack and drive home.  While we love Chloe (our car), sadly, she is not equipped to drive in the snow.  She doesn't have 4 wheel drive and she rides awfully low to the ground.  She wasn't going anywhere.  We were stuck, snowed in.
All of the snow did make for some pretty pictures.  I took a ton of photos.  Here are a few:

Brian is watching it snow:  
Here is what I did today:
Brian, Joe and I were standing on the front porch, when we saw a movement in the trees. Then we see a wolf run up the hill.  Joe decided to take a closer look.  He's still in his jammies:
The boys wanted to play outside, so we bundled them up and let them go:
They stayed outside for a long, long time.  I totally thought Xander wouldn't be able to handle it, he gets cold so easily, but he seemed to love it.
I don't know what it is about Joe, but he loves to lay down in the snow and roll around in it:
He also loves to eat snow:

This was my favorite picture of the day:
He looks so happy.  His face sums it up.  Even though we were snowed in, we loved the snow.  It was our own winter wonderland.  I kept telling Brian that I wanted a white Christmas.  Even though it was a little late, I got my Christmas wish - a whole lot of snow!

2 comments:

prism said...

Wow! It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos. My kids' favorite thing to do in the snow is have a snowball fight with dad. :-)

Sheri said...

Man it's gorgeous. Xander kept waiting for you to put these pictures up. He'll be so excited! Thanks again for taking him.