Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tarterrior

TUESDAY, JANUARY 20th - 2009

Today I am writing about my nephew Adam.  As Sheri has him listed on her blog list, he is a LITERARY GENIUS.  As soon as I figure out how to add him to my list I will (Brian, this means you need to add him to my list).  He is my eldest nephew - 18 years old.  My mom and dad's first grandkid.  Adam is incredibly talented.  I've written about him on my blog before.  Usually I am referring to his acting ability.  I've seen all of his high school plays.  Today I am referring to his talent at writing.  

He is currently in the process of writing a book series.  Yeah, not just a book, but a whole series of books, all centered around this world he has created.  To quote from his blog:  The Tarterrior series is an eight part story in which the origin and the lives of dragons are related.  The story follows - for the most part Wreaknatter Drudlok and his two threats to power, Alsenoth Ongeller and Markus Lumengar.  The story, told through a narrative switch style, is the rise and fall of Wreaknatter, the evil lord of Carthraith and how his actions effect the world of Tarterrior."

The 8 book series spans 112 years.  I am just so in awe of his mind.  He has created this whole other world with places and characters that are amazing.  I have read the first 8 chapters of book 1 and I've seen his outlines for books 1-3.  And, I've read the final scene of the series.  So, yeah, I know how it ends and it's pretty cool.  He has really thought this all through and has created a complex and interesting world of fantasy.  

I love to read, especially fantasy adventure books, so this is right up my alley.  For any of you who also love to read, I encourage you to check out his blog.  It is tarterrior.blogspot.com.  He shares bits and pieces of his chapters, artwork from the book and has even added some fun quizzes.  He would love to know what you think - leave him a comment.  

Here is the sketch for his first book cover - Tarterrior: The Rise of the Sixth Kingdom.
Can't wait for this to be published.  It's going to be awesome.  Joseph is totally into it too - a fantasy book about dragons - how could he not be?

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I need to read his book. Xander harrasses me about it every day. He is so talented.