Tuesday, January 20, 2009

missing mom

THURSDAY, JANUARY 15th - 2009

When I went to my mom's today, this is what I saw:
This is the chair where mom is usually sitting when I come in the house.  She left for China yesterday and won't be back for 11 days.  I miss her already.

On a side note, Joe and I went to Target after school today and we saw something we NEVER want to see again.  As we were walking into the store we couldn't help but notice that the lady in front of us was wearing what seemed to be a pair of cut off tights as shorts.  And no, they were NOT spandex, which would have been bad enough.  They were truly tight tights.  Let me just say that this is a crime against nature.  When the sun hit her backside I saw things that I should never have to see in public.  I could totally see through them, and on this trip she apparently decided to go sans underwear.  We saw peach color through those black skin tight shorts - I think Joe may be scarred for life.

A word of warning to any of you out there who may, for whatever crazy reason, get the urge to wear your tights as pants - they may seem black when you are indoors, but as soon as the light hits those things, they are totally see-through.  Please please please don't ever make this mistake.  

8 comments:

Sheri said...

That's gross. Poor Joe.

I miss my mommy.

AZ Hey-mon said...

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahahhahahahhaahaahaahaahaa,,,,
Poor Joe, and you that is just wrong.

drjlambson said...

where is THAT picture?

Teresa said...

Nice verbal image you provided!

Hopefully, your mom loves China. I found it life changing to experience such a different culture--especially if you venture outside of the city.

Kim said...

Oh Jared, you don't know how bad I wanted to take a picture, and I did have my camera with me, but I didn't see how I could do it without being totally obvious.

LauraB said...

So - she obviously didn't care what was on display. I say next time whip out the camera and go for it!

Brian said...

It looks like your dad has his fair share of clutter on the table.

Shauna said...

Thank you for not taking a picture! I would not want that image burned into my brain forever! You have to wonder if some people really do not own a mirror.