Sunday, April 26, 2009

SLOW

THURSDAY, APRIL 23rd- 2009

Joe and I went grocery shopping today.  As we were checking out, I looked to see how many checkouts were open - 4 or 5.  I gauged the number of people in each line, and picked a line accordingly.  Of course I picked the line with the least number of people/groceries in their basket.  As we were waiting (forever) Joe said: "Mom, you always pick the slowest line."

It's true.  I don't know what it is, but I have a unique ability to pick the slowest line.  I do it everywhere.  The last time I was at the movies, I had to pick a line for the snack bar.  There were about 15 lines open.  I picked the one with the fewest people.  It also happened to have the slowest person behind the counter.  ALL the other lines around me went faster.  

It happens on the freeway too.  I'll pick a lane, and it will be slow.  It doesn't help to switch either because if I do, then all of a sudden, that will be the slow lane.  I guess it's life's way of teaching me patience.  What can you do about it?  I've just decided to go with the flow.  Even if the flow is SLOW.
If you happen to go somewhere with me, and we have to wait in a line.  YOU pick the line, ok?

4 comments:

prism said...

I seem to have the same curse. It's kind of funny. I'll get up to the check out, and something will go wrong with the register, or they'll have to switch shifts, or something won't scan right... it's kind of humorous.

Teresa said...

I have the same problem. Or maybe I only notice the times when I pick the long lines. Either way, frustrating!

Sheri said...

I always pick the slow line. And it isn't teaching me patience - it just pisses me off!

LauraB said...

OK, if we ALL pick the slow lines (yes, I'm included in that) is it possible that it's some kind of Heavenly joke being played on us? After all, what are the odds EVERBODY can lay claim to picking the slow lane? It defies logic. SOMEBODY has to be in the fast lane, don't they??