Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shadow cat

SUNDAY, APRIL 19th - 2009

I noticed yesterday that Shadow seemed to be under the weather.  He was more lethargic than usual, and his breathing seemed labored.  I had been worried about him all day today.  And so, tonight as I was getting ready for bed, I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the day.  For some reason, I decided to take a photo of Shadow.  I couldn't wait to get him to the vet first thing Monday morning so we could make sure he was ok.
It turns out that he wasn't ok.  We had to end up putting him to sleep.  This photo is the last one I have of him, taken about 12 hours before he died.  I am so glad that I decided to make him my photo of the day.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I cried when I read this. I'm so sorry - I know Shadow was very loved by you guys.