Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally Friday

FRIDAY, APRIL 17th - 2009

It has been a long week, for both Joe and I.  We have been stuck at home.  Normally after school and homework is done, Joe and I will go to my mom's so that he can run around outside for a while.  But because of illness and his dang history report that we have been working on every single day - not to mention tons of other homework(Have I mentioned I hate math?) we have been stuck at home ALL week.  

Well, it's finally Friday and he actually has some free time, so of course we headed over to my mom's house.  Joe wasn't picky about who he got to hang out with, he was just happy to be doing something other than a history report.  Here he is doing puzzles with Evan and Josh.  

On a side note, there were 2 things that happened today that really weirded me out.  First, my mom was texting on her phone.  It's her new favorite thing to do.  Also, she used the words "Eye Candy".  I guess I just was not expecting that to come out of her mouth.  It struck me as funny.  She had gone to see "The Fast and the Furious" (I guess that could count as weird thing #3) with her friend Kay.  I asked her if she liked it at all.  If you know my mom, you would know that it is TOTALLY NOT her kind of movie.  She said she liked it better that she thought she would, mostly because of the eye candy that is Paul Walker: I totally agree with her.  He really is eye candy.  It was just weird to hear those words come out of her mouth.  

And before any of you give me any flak about it, I know that he is NOT a great actor.  But when you are that pretty, you don't have to be. 

4 comments:

prism said...

I liked him alright in Timeline, but I really like Gerard Butler in that movie. He's one of my favorites.

Kim said...

That was a good movie. We are big fans of Gerard Butler here too. Especially my mom. I think she's seen Phantom of the Opera like 30 times.

Teresa said...

I really can't see your mom saying "eye candy."

BTW, it is cool that Joe loves playing with his younger cousins.

Sheri said...

She also thought Vin Diesel was hot. Yep, those were her exact words.