Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Traditions

SATURDAY, APRIL 11th - 2009

Joe and I dyed eggs this morning.  Brian really wanted to help this year, but he ended up having to work.  He usually has Saturday's off, but had to go in today - bummer, he missed out on some of the Easter festivities.
He also missed out on the annual Lambson family picnic.  Usually we are at Grandmother's house, but this year Jared and Tricia hosted, and what wonderful hosts they were, I must say.  I was especially impressed that Jared was even able to walk, after having run 18 miles that morning (in the rain).  

We gathered, the kids hunted eggs, and then we all ate yum!  We only got rained on a little.  Everyone was complaining about how cold it was.  I was in heaven.  I loved every minute of the clouds, colder weather and rain.  It was fantastic!  

It was great to hang out and see everyone.  Having Kevin there was a nice surprise.  I wasn't expecting him to be in town.  We had a lot of fun catching up with those that we don't get to see as much.  Thank goodness for Easter and Christmas or I'd probably never see some of you guys.

I have to say, I missed having Tim, Becca and Mel there.  I also missed Jon & Jamie's family and Pat & Heather and Wendy.  And I forgot to ask, where were Cathi and Terry?   It wasn't quite the same without you guys.

My favorite pictures of the day:

Anna was thrilled to make friends with Bremen.  They had a lot of fun jumping and playing on the trampoline together.  When they noticed me taking pictures, they both kept playing, but they also both kept looking at me and smiling.  You can tell that they both have mom's who take a lot of photos.

Dad snuck off into the other room to watch the discovery channel.  Some of the boys followed.  When I peeked in to check in on them they were all completely absorbed in a show about ants.
I didn't take this one at the picnic, but it was still my very favorite picture of the day.  I'll admit, I'm completely biased.  I just happen to LOVE the subject matter.
It was a great day hanging out with family.  You guys are the greatest.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

OK, I have a few comments. First, I really love the Easter picnic. I agree, we lose touch with our cousins too often and need these family gatherings to touch base. Second, those are some cool eggs! And that pic of Joe and Brian is just beautiful. Oh, finally, it was cold! What happened to spring?

LauraB said...

Bremen, Anna and Emmy were hilarious!! I have to say, as rambunctious as Bremen and Anna were on the trampoline, Emmy was the daredevil! Bremen and Anna would be down and she'd jump up and come down sitting on them - like a smackdown! Watching the kids was the most fun.

Joe said...

I loved, loved, LOVED the weather... IT WUZ AWESOME!!!!!

oh, and Bremen's hair... AWESOME

Sheri said...

I love the weather too.

I wish I would've taken more pictures.

Damn, the food and company were good.

That's all.