Monday, June 23, 2008

Where is El Paso?

Saturday, June 7th- 2008

Today we ran errands all morning.  We were trying to get ready for our trip.  We dragged Joe to at least 4 different stores.  It was a long, HOT, (why do I live here?) process.  Someone please remind me to NEVER go to Costco on a Saturday again.   Joe was actually very good.  No complaining!  One of our stops was Tilly's, one of his favorite stores, where he got to pick out a new shirt.  Maybe that's why he was so good.  

So, after all of the running around, we decided to go for a late lunch.  We decided on El Paso Barbeque, a place that we all like. When we got there, guess what?  It's closed - permanently!  We were sorely disappointed.  I'm hoping the one near Brian's work is still open.  I'll be really sad if it's not.  Since we were in the mood for BBQ, we went to Texas Roadhouse instead.  It was right there in the same parking lot (and probably the reason El Paso went out of business, sigh).   I have to say, that the Strawberry Lemonade almost made up for the fact that El Paso was closed.  It was Yummy!


2 comments:

Trina said...

I don't even like lemonade, but that looks pretty good. Texas road house has the best rolls! I am glad you are back and posting, we missed you!

Sheri said...

I went to Texas Road House once. It was not a good experience.

I am with you on Costco on a Saturday. I would rather shoot myself in the foot.