Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pirates Dice

Monday, June 16th - 2008

A few months ago, I sent Brian on a late night run to Walmart for some groceries.  This is typical at our house.  I neglect the grocery shopping until we are down to almost nothing, then late Saturday night I send Brian to the store to get some groceries to get us through Sunday.  This time, he came home with more than groceries.  He had some bags filled with toys and games.  He said tons of stuff was on clearance and he couldn't pass it up.  Now, I definitely have the "cheap" gene.  I love a good deal.  But, I also have the mom gene that thinks: "we already have waaaay too many toys and games, what are you doing buying more?"  

Anyway, this is one of the games he brought home.  It went straight into the game closet and has been there ever since.  For some reason, Joseph pulled it out today and wanted to play.  So, I read the rules and we played.  We played a lot.  First it was best of 3, then best of 5, then best of 7.  After a while we lost count.  It was fun to just stay home and hang out with Joe and play.   We don't do that enough.  I love my kid, and I love spending time with him.  He is a lot of fun.  Today was a great day. 

5 comments:

Brian said...

Hey, if I am sent to do the shopping, there is always the chance I will come home with extras. This is just how it is. I can't help myself.

LauraB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LauraB said...

Hmmmm...I almost want to send Brian to the store for me to see what he comes home with!

Brian said...

That could be a dangerous proposition Laura, but interesting.

Sheri said...

I must of lost the invite for me to come play.

Looks like lots of fun.