Sunday, June 1, 2008

Joe's party

Thursday, May 29th - 2008

First of all, what was I thinking? I agreed to let Joseph have an end of the school year party with his friends (I actually think I may have suggested it). He wanted to do it on the actual last day of school, which happened to be Adam's graduation day and party, so we decided to do it the day after instead. Grandma's house just happens to be party central. If it wasn't so fun, we wouldn't always be there.

Anyway, Joe got to invite 6 friends from school, plus 3 of his cousins. One friend couldn't come, so we were a party of 9. I thought it was going to be crazy, but it wasn't too bad actually. The boys were all very well behaved. One boy in particular was very polite. I thought it was cute when he commented that he liked my mom's house, it had a nice decor to it.

There was swimming, video games, pizza, playing zombies in the basement (a game that the kids made up and play on a regular basis. It involves turning out all the lights and trying to find each other in the dark). Brian and Paul (thanks for letting us borrow your projector) set up a movie outside in the front yard. The boys had popcorn and m&m's and watched the movie. Their parents came around 10:00. They were all tired, but we only lost one to sleep. Xander curled up in a blanket and fell asleep on the grass.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Xander had such a blast. Thank you so much for including him. I've done things like that before, and they always turn out great. Plus you look like a superstar in your kid's eyes :)

Teresa said...

sounds like so much fun!

LauraB said...

Yeah, I ALMOST came out with my lawn chair to join in the fun!!