Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Making Friends

Monday, June 2nd - 2008

So, most of the kids (my neices and nephews) like me. I'd say we are friends. Then there is Evan. I've been working on him. I'll smile and talk to him. Sometimes he ignores me, but most of the time he talks back. Every once in a while if I'm in the toy room with him, he'll let me play with him. The problem is, he's waaaaay too attached to his mom. He only has eyes for her. Today at Grandma's, Evan decided to help Grandma by putting her groceries away.



Instead of bringing them to his mom or Grandma, he unloaded the bags, and brought the contents to me. And, he talked to me the whole time. Of course, I couldn't understand everything he said, but I felt like it was a pretty good conversation. So does this mean we are friends now?



This is the pile of groceries he left in my lap. Doesn't that Cranberry Vanilla cereal look yummy!


Also today, I hung out with Addy and Rowan this morning. Addy and I watched the Land Before Time. Rowan and I had a pillow fight and played tickle monster. He is such a happy kid.

6 comments:

Brian said...

I've been working on Evan as well. I think I'm making progress. Especially when we share my Sonic drink.

AZ Hey-mon said...

giving your cooties to small helpless children, Brian, doesn't seem to be a good way to make friends. Now how could he not adore Kim, baffleing.

Brian said...

Speaking of Cooties...where's my ice cream shake?

AZ Hey-mon said...

I gave it to Kim.

Teresa said...

It feels good when they finally come around. Bremen was like that with me for awhile. He wasn't sure he liked me, he was certain he didn't like Stuart.

Sheri said...

Evan likes you..he's just the strong, stoic type.