Friday, June 27, 2008

Disneyland

Friday, June 13th - 2008

What kind of trip to California would it be if we didn't make a stop at Disneyland?  Actually I am not a fan of Disneyland in the summertime.  It is too hot, and there are too many people.  I can do hot, or I can do crowds.  I can't deal with both at the same time.  However, since we have year round passes, and we were so close by, and both Brian and Joe really, really, really wanted to go, I agreed to it.  It actually wasn't too hot.  It was crowded, but I've been there when it's worse.  If you go in March or October during school breaks, be prepared to deal with wall to wall bodies.   It is tradition in our family, that if you do Disneyland, you do Space mountain first.  It was an hour wait, but that was the longest wait of the day.  Because it was so crowded, did all of the favorites first, in case we ran out of time.  I was surprised that Pirates and Thunder Mountain were only 15 minute waits.  I was more surprised that California Screamin' was only about 15 minutes.  Screamin' is both Brian and Joe's favorite ride.  I think they rode it 3 or 4 times.  I can only do it once and then I start to feel nauseous.  Ever since I've had vertigo, I get motion sickness very easily.   During the hottest part of the day, we took a break and went to the Downtown Disney movie theater to watch "KungFu Panda."  

We had to stay for the fireworks show.  I sat in front of the castle and saved seats while Brian and Joe went for more rides.  The fireworks show was my favorite part of the day.  It was awesome, well worth the wait.  

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like you all had loads of fun. I'm jealous. We need a vacation!

Trina said...

How fun! I LOVE Disney Land!! Brian better watch out because in that picture it looks like Joe is almost as tall as hie:)

Sheri said...

We missed you guys at the beach.

ducklips said...

I am really impressed with how many times you guys get to Disney Land in a year. I haven't been since I was 8. Looks like fun though. Maybe we'll get there next year.