Friday, March 27, 2009

my favorite escape

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25th - 2009

I know I've done tons of posts about reading, but this is what I've been doing a lot of lately.  I finished Inkdeath, which for the most part was great.  There was one thing that I really wanted to have happen at the end, but it didn't, so I just pretend in my mind that it did.

I also read both of these this week.  I just finished "I am the cheese" today.  
I really liked both of them, but for very different reasons.  They are two totally different books.  "Every soul a star" was a really easy, fun read with a good message for kids about how everyone is different and important and interesting in their own way.

"I am the cheese" was dark, and sad, and a little disturbing, but I have to say, I also liked it.  

I tend to like most books I read, so I guess I'm easy to please.  I am currently looking for a new book to read.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

5 comments:

prism said...

Did you read "To Say Nothing of the Dog" yet, by Connie Willis? It's a good book.

AZ Hey-mon said...

ooh, I gotta check these out. Thanks for the new ideas.

Becca said...

Find a copy of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn: The Final Empire, and devour it. One of the best Science Fiction/Fantasy trilogies ever written. Really. Or, you could try the book I've been writing, but it is not quite finished (about 75,000 words right now, or 400 pages).

Becca said...

Sorry, Kim - that was actually Tim commenting, not me.

Becca

Sheri said...

Can I PLEASE borrow Inkdeath? PLEASE!!!!