Thursday, March 19, 2009

couch potato

SATURDAY, MARCH 14th - 2009

I'm starting to question whether I can do this marathon thing.  I know I still have like 11 weeks to train, but I did my 12 miles today and it nearly killed me (no I am not being over dramatic).  Also afterwards I came home and had such major chills I had three blankets covering me and I was still freezing.  

Brian took Joe and Alex to and ASU baseball game this afternoon and all I could manage to do the whole time was lay here:
I was a total couch potato today.  Also, I think I may be getting the flu.  Maybe that's where the chills came from.  Who knows.  

I told Brian today that I am giving up.  But I decided to "Just keep swimming"(my favorite Nemo quote.  I use it all of the time).  I'll take it one day at a time and just see how it goes.  

4 comments:

Tim said...

Good for you, Kim. I am jealous. I HATE running. Unless I am actually headed somewhere, then it's okay.

Teresa said...

After 12 miles you deserve a day on the couch....heck, take a week...I know I would need it!

LauraB said...

Don't give up!! Wow, the accomplishment you've achieved so far is incredible - keep going!

Sheri said...

I'm with Laura - don't give up! I know you can do it!