Thursday, March 12, 2009

bubbles

SUNDAY, MARCH 8th - 2009

My new Sunday calling is nursery leader.  On Sunday's I spend 2 hours with the 18 month - 3 year olds.  There are usually 9 to 12 kids in there and there is one other adult in there with me.  Most of the kids are great, but there are always 1 or 2 that have a hard time coming in and will cry a lot.  The other leader suggested we do something to grab their attention when they come in.  

I don't know a kid alive who doesn't love bubbles.  We had some bubbles in the closet and we usually do bubbles at the end when the parents are coming to pick up the kids.  But, the other leader suggested we switch things up and do the bubbles at the beginning. What a fantastic idea.  When the kids come in and see the bubbles, it's easier for them to leave mom and dad.
Also, the other leader bought what I refer to as "magic bubbles".  I was under the impression that all bubbles are created equal.  Personally, I don't really like bubbles because it is a very messy process and I end up with bubble goo all over my hands, and the table and the floor, etc.

However, "magic bubbles" are awesome.  They come from Gymboree.  There is a convenient little holder for the bubble solution and then you dip in the bubble wand and blow the bubbles out.  It makes tons and tons of tiny little bubbles.  They are cool because they don't pop super easy and the kids can catch them on their fingers, or if they land on the ground, they don't pop and the kids run around the room stomping them.  Also, no bubble goo on my hands.  They are fantastic.
If you have a kid who likes bubbles, you should check these out.  They are the best!

3 comments:

Jack said...

Thanks for the tip. I am so buying those bubbles!

Sheri said...

I'm with Jack...

Nursery Leader was my favorite calling - EVER. I loved that it was only a Sunday calling and basically I got to go to church and eat snacks and play. I LOVED it!

ducklips said...

I am in that same calling and have been searching for the perfect bubble. I can't wait to try these.