Wednesday, March 25, 2009

almost there

FRIDAY, MARCH 20th - 2009

So when I started this project I was thinking I could get it done in a couple of days.  Here it is Friday and I'm still not finished.  I guess it's been a while since I've painted and I forgot about how time consuming it is.  Anyway, I'm nearly done now.  I started painting the baseboards and the doors.  Joe chose black.  I was thinking it would be way too dark, but I really like it.

It's really weird, but when I was painting the black right up next to the purple, I experienced some serious deja vu.  It's triggering something in me, but I just can't place it and it's driving me crazy.  I know I've never painted another room these two combinations of colors, but for some reason the purple and black together seem really familiar to me.  Maybe it's just the paint fumes getting to me.

6 comments:

prism said...

maybe it's reminding you of your favorite purple suede vest you had in high school - and the black hat you used to wear with it. :-)

AZ Hey-mon said...

really likin the purple and black.

Teresa said...

You even let him paint the baseboards? You are the coolest mom ever! I do really like the purple!

Kim said...

You know Amy, I was thinking about the purple vest a little when I was painting. I used to wear it with a black skirt. Maybe it's that. Who knows.

Unknown said...

I loved that vest.

I love the colors too. Really cool.

Sheri said...

That was not Alex, it was me, Sheri.