Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dad

SUNDAY, MARCH 29th - 2009

My dad was released as Bishop today.  He has been Bishop of his ward for about 5 years.  We went to his ward to see him speak.  He did a great job.  My dad is awesome.  He does more for people than I think any of us realize.  He may be a little rough around the edges sometimes, but he has a soft heart.  He has a fun loving spirit.  I have lots of great memories of adventures that he took us on when we were younger.  We never felt like he was doing it because he HAD to, because he was our dad.  He always made us feel like he WANTED to be with us.  He is the same way with his grandkids.  They all love him.

Tonight we had a BBQ and Family Home Evening at my parents house.  Here are some of my favorite photo's of the evening.  

Dad and Ro on the swings (see what I mean about fun loving).
My dad gave the lesson tonight.  I love this picture because of the look on James' face.  He is totally into it.
You know I can't resist the little ones.  Here is Josh on his Kung Fu Panda. 
I had to include this one.  I hardly ever get to see James and I'll admit, I have a huge soft spot for him (who am I kidding, I have a soft spot for all of them).  I loving watching James and Ben when they are together.  They are like 2 peas in a pod.  I remember what it was like to have my cousin as my best friend.  It makes me happy to see them together.As usual it was loud and chaotic, but isn't that what family is?  I loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

prism said...

I really miss your dad. He was like my 2nd dad during those "fun" teenage years. I love your family.

Sheri said...

I love dad too.

And I love FHE. Even though it's crazy I love it when everyone is all together.