Saturday, March 21, 2009

Joe's room

TUESDAY, MARCH 17th - 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody.  In honor of St. Paddy's, Joe is sporting his "Lucky" shirt and his Green Goblin mask.
I was actually taking "before" pictures of his room.  Joe decided that during this week of spring break, he wanted to re-do his room.  He has had his spidey room for quite a few years now.  We painted it blue, yellow and red to match a spiderman blanket he had at the time.  He loved it for a long time, but has been asking for a change for about a year now.  I told him we could do it but he had to help.  
So, here are the before shots from a few angles.  In a few days, we should have the afters.  
I thought Joe would flake out on me and I would end up doing it myself, but so far he has been great.  It took us a couple of hours to pack up everything and drag it out into the family room.  He helped the whole time.  

I was amazed at the sheer amount of stuff in his room.  We should have done this sooner.  I told him that as we put things back in, he is going to have to part with some of it.  Joe is a major pack rat.  He has several collections and everything has sentimental value to him.  It will be interesting to see what he chooses to part with.  I know it will be hard for him.  I was the same way when I was his age.  I have since gotten over that.  Now I just want all of the clutter gone!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see the after pics! I love decorating kids rooms. It's a chance to relive your childhood.

Sheri said...

Please post some pictures...the way you were describing it sounds AWESOME!