Thursday, February 4, 2010

Inspired to be Happy

Ok, settle in, this is going to be a long post, but hopefully my LAST long post for a while.  I have been inspired.  I've fallen into the pattern of not blogging for a while, and then posting a ton of pictures all at once.  I don't like it because I put off blogging even longer, knowing that it will take me a long time to do.  Also, I kind of miss doing the photo a day thing.  It forced me to take a lot of photos, which I haven't been doing so much lately.  

So, I was reading the other day and I came across Michael McLean's blog. (For those of you may not know him, he is a LDS singer/songwriter).  He was talking about his "M 2 B =)" (his "mission to be happy.")  He revealed that he is middle aged and clinically depressed and has struggled with happiness, a lot.  He said he always thought "I'll be happy when....." but wasn't finding joy in the moment.  So he decided to actively search for the joy in everyday things.  It is his mission to be happy.  So, everyday, he posts about something that makes him happy that day.  

Happiness is something that I've struggled with for a while, especially this last year.  So, I decided to embark on my own mission of happiness.  I'm going to combine it with the photo-a-day thing.  Every day I will try to post a photo and a short entry about what made me happy that day.  I say "TRY" because you all know my history with blogging, so I make no promises.  

Anyway, to kick things off, I thought I would blog about things that made me happy within the last few weeks:  

Clouds:
Clouds that block out the sun and keep it from glaring in my eyes:
Clouds at night (do you notice a theme here?)
Rain - woo hoo! 
A girls night out with Sheri, Tricia, my mom and dad.  Yes, we let my dad tag along on girls night out.  He just doesn't like to be without my mom.  It's really kind of sweet.   We saw leap year.  I liked it.  It was a cute movie.
This girls baptism.  Sadly I didn't get even one photo of her at her actual baptism.  Maybe I'll have to steal the one off of Sheri's blog.
This guys birthday.  It was the same day as the baptism.  We all got together that afternoon at my mom's house.  Good times!
This photo of Alex.  
This girls gorgeous eyes:
My new place mats from IKEA.
Girls night out at Oregano's with some friends.  I think the photo says it all:
A play date with these two handsome guys:
And finally, a visit from Deadly Nightshade:

All in all, it's been a great couple of weeks with a lot of things to be happy about.  Let's hope I can keep this up!  See Ya!

3 comments:

Tim said...

Wahoo for pictures.
Happy is something that happens all around us all the time. It is a great idea to capture a little bit of it through photography, then to share it with the rest of us.
Thanks Kim.

Sheri said...

All of those things make me happy too!

Teresa said...

I LOVE it Kim. (Especially that dessert from Oreganos!) I am looking forward to your happy updates as we could all use that perspective more often.