Saturday, February 6, 2010

M 2 B =) Day 1

So, I've learned that as soon as you announce to the universe that you are "going" to do something.  You will immediately be tested on it.  For example:  A while back Sheri did an excellent post about praying for more patience and then the next day being given all kinds of opportunities to test her patience.  Or, if you decide to be more kind, you will immediately encounter someone who makes you want to yell and scream at them.  So, I guess I should have seen this coming.

I announced that I was going to try this "mission to be happy" thing.  And my first day (yesterday) really tested that.  It WAS NOT a happy day.  It was more like a crappy day (I apologize to my mother for using such language).  

Anyway, as I looked back over the day, I did find some happy moments.  And I think that is the whole purpose of this thing anyway.  To find the "happy" always, in any given situation.  While I didn't take any pictures, I did think of a few things that made me smile and made me happy.

1.  Reading Teresa's post on her blog yesterday.  It put a smile on my face.  She reminded me to not get caught up in the things I don't have, but to be grateful for the things that I do.

2.  When I clicked on my blog "Supermassive Black Hole" came on.  I love that song.  It makes me feel like dancing.  Music ALWAYS has a way of pulling me out of a blue mood.

3.  I caught a re-run of Gilmore Girls.  Love it!


3 comments:

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

I miss Gilmore Girls.

Sheri said...

Gilmore Girls always makes me happy.

Sometimes when I'm feeling sad I'll listen to my i-pod and lay on my bed. It always makes me feel better. Music is the best.

Teresa said...

I'm so glad I helped make you happy! You are one of those people who always seem to be smiling, so I know you can find happiness in most anything.

I must admit that I also love Gilmore Girls reruns, even though Stuart makes fun of me for watching it.