Tuesday, February 9, 2010

M 2 B =) Day 4

I don't know that this made me feel truly happy, but it did make me laugh out loud.  When I came home from the library I found Bob asleep like this.  Cats are weird.
Xander called me this afternoon.  He is doing a report on Salvador Dali, and had to ask questions about this painting: "The persistence of memory."  He had to ask people if they liked it or not, what they saw and how they feel about the painting.  I studied art in college (for the 2 years that I went), so this made me very happy.  I love surrealism and I particularly like this painting.  It is one of my favorites.  It was fun to think about art again.  I realized how much I do love it, and I miss learning about it.  
We babysat tonight for these cute kiddo's.  This picture didn't capture it, but I loved the look on Joe's face when the kids wanted to watch a movie and both of the girls insisted on sitting by Joe.  He was a little surprised and nervous.  The girls were happy to have him "girl trapped."  
When we were leaving, he asked me: "Why do they like me so much?"  I told him it's because he spends time with them and plays with them.  Joe really would make an excellent brother.

3 comments:

Tim said...

That is great. I feel like I am missing out.

Sheri said...

I told Xander that he had to call you - I remember how much you like Dali. When I got home from Max's conference he told me, "Mom, Kim was wayyyy better than you. She had a lot more to say."

It's really hard to top Aunt Kimmy :)

Teresa said...

I love seeing Joe as the center of all that kid attention...very sweet.