Sunday, January 17, 2010

My birthday/New years

This year for my birthday, instead of doing the traditional pajama party and board games at my mom's house with everybody, we headed up to the cabin.  Woo hoo!  

We made it up on the afternoon of the 31st.  The Trezise family had left a friend to greet us.
I was soooo happy for all of the snow.  I love it, love it, love it.
Some awesome icicles.  
It was too cold to hold, but apparently not too cold to lick.
That night we chilled and watched a movie, and then rocked out with rockband  until midnight.
At midnight we had to run outside and yell and scream and make lots of noise.  Happy New Year!  Joe had to text his "friend" at midnight.
They had to warm up by the fire afterwards.
We tried to go sledding the next day.  The last time we were up here we tried to go sledding but couldn't find  a store that sold sleds or tubes or anything.  This time we got a heads up that Ace Hardware sold sleds.  Too bad they aren't open on New Years Day.  Oh well.  Someday we will actually get to go sledding.  Instead we went back to the cabin and Brian took the boys on a ranger ride.

The next day was significantly warmer.  We spent most of the day outside.  Joe, D and I went for a long ranger ride and then stopped to build snowmen.  I forgot my camera and the boys wanted to show Brian, so we went back to the cabin to get him.  He drove us back up the mountain and proceeded to get us stuck in the deep snow.  After I dug us out - that's right ME.  I dug us out, we decided to go back to the cabin.  Joe and D then collaborated their efforts and made one HUGE snowman together.
It was so relaxing and so much fun.  I did NOT want to come home.  Oh well!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Your snowman could totally take ours in a fight.

Becca said...

Your birthday is new year's eve? Wow, Happy Birthday.

Becca said...

At what time were you born?

Joe said...

FYI- That snowman is as tall as ME- 5ft4

Teresa said...

What a nice birthday!

LauraB said...

Sounds like a great time!!

Kim said...

Becca - I was born sometime in the morning. 8ish I think.

Trina said...

We always gotta save the man, what would they do without us! Good job Kim and looks like so much fun!!