Wednesday, February 24, 2010

M2B =) days 14 & 15 (last Thursday and Friday)

So, I am behind again.  What else is new?  Anyway, Thursday I didn't take any pictures, but I took more than enough to make up for it on Friday.

Thursday what made me happiest was packing for Joe when he was at school.  He didn't know anything about the trip this weekend.  We were sneaky and packed his clothes and the car while he was at school.  It made me happy thinking about surprising him.  He loves San Diego as much as we do, plus he got to miss a day of school.  

Friday's happiness in pictures:

Normally I don't think of the desert as being pretty.  It's just not my thing, but for some reason this trip, I really saw the beauty in it.  It made me happy. 
This smiling face in the back seat made me super happy.  He was just so surprised and so excited.  It was the best when we made him get ready for school and then drove right on by it and onto the freeway.  He was confused.  
Sea Port Village.  It is a MUST every time we are in San Diego.  
Seeing a chicken at Sea Port Village.  We've been there tons of times, but this was the first time I've ever seen a chicken there.
The super cool rock sculptures.  I don't know how the guy gets them to stay like that.  They are completely balanced.  No glue or anything holding them together.  We got to watch the guy making them.  It was cool.
Brian was inspired by this statue to check.  You never can be too careful, you know.
Joe just made me so happy on Friday.  He was happy all day, and he even told us a few times that we were the best parents ever.  Sorry to the rest of you parents out there, but we are #1.  
I loved hanging out with my men.
The beach at night - fabulous.
More from the trip tomorrow.  I didn't want to overwhelm and post everything at once.

Happy day!

5 comments:

Brian said...

I didn't want to stand there too long or else I would end up with bird crap all over my arm like the statue! (I bet that if he didn't smell before that he does now...)

Teresa said...

You guys are awesome! I love that you made him get ready for school and then kept driving past it. That is great.

I love the beach too. We would live on the beach if we could.

Sheri said...

It makes me want to go to San Diego with you guys. I have some great family memories there (except for the time that Max bit his tongue in half) but the rest of the trip was fun!

LauraB said...

THAT...IS...AWESOME!! I think Joe's right - you ARE the best parents (at least for last week!).

Tim said...

C'mon Laura, don't sell yourself short.

Kim - awesome stuff; way to grab happiness by the horns.