Sunday, August 7, 2011

July Cabin days

M2B =) days 512 - 515.  Friday, July 1st - Monday, July 4th - 2011.

So it seems that every time I get close to catching up on this blog, something happens that puts me further behind.  The last 2 weeks have been crazy with Brian being in the hospital, and all.  Anyway, I'll try to do some catching up this week.

Here goes!

Friday, July 1st happiness:  Guess what finally opened today?

I've known for a while that it's been coming, and have been on the lookout for when it finally opened.  Today as I drove past, I saw the open sign.  Woo hoo!

Even though we were leaving for the cabin this afternoon, we had to make a stop first.

The dream-cicle one was dreamy.  
The ride up to the cabin was awesome.  We saw TONS of elk.  The best was this clearing.  This is only a part of what was there.  There had to be at least 60 or so.  We pulled over and watched them for a bit.  I love seeing the wildlife up here.  It never gets old.  
I love the cabin.

Tuesday, July 2nd happiness:  One of my favorite things about the cabin is puzzles.  Who has time for them at home?  But I always get to do them at the cabin.  
Also, I forced Brian to play lots of games of NERTZ with me.  I love this game.  Brian is sad because I beat him so much!
Sunday, July 3rd happiness:  I had a puzzle helper today.  Evan was awesome at doing this puzzle.  He did like the whole bottom left corner himself.  He surprised me with his awesome puzzle skills.
I spent a lot of time today on the back porch enjoying this:
The boys had fun hanging out.  Can I just say how much I love Ben's face in this photo?  Pure awesomeness.  
My dad gave a fabulous family home evening lesson tonight.  I think I might just have the best dad ever.
I love this picture of Max and my dad.
I had been trying to get Joe to play NERTZ with me all weekend and he refused.  Alex and Ben finally talked him into trying it, and he liked it.  He still won't play with me though because I am too fast.
Monday, July 4th happiness:  Ian took the boys shooting today!  Good times.
I am digging Max's boots.  Sunday as we were getting ready for church, Sheri realized that not only did Max not have his church shoes, but he didn't have ANY shoes.  How did we not notice this yesterday?  She found him some snow boots he could wear outside.  
Max and Brian hung out this afternoon.  Max kept sneaking up on him and attacking him from behind.  I love his face in this photo.  He is clearly about to pounce!  I also love that he is wearing a yellow blanket and he kind of blends into the wall.
We had a fabulous weekend.  I love my family, and I love spending time with them.  I love the relaxing feel of the cabin.  Nothing pressing to do, just fun and relaxation.  I love it here!
On the way home we saw the most ginormous rabbit ever.  I made Brian turn around so I could take a picture.  Only after I took it did I realize, that without a small normal size rabbit next to it, it would be hard to tell the exact size of this rabbit.  Oh well.  It was freakishly huge - about 3 times the size of the other rabbits we see around here.  
We made it home tonight and were able to watch some fireworks from our backyard patio.  Happy 4th of July.  I love my country and I appreciate all of the freedoms and blessings that I have.  I especially appreciate those men and women past and present who fight to protect those freedoms.  

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like so much fun. How nice to have a family getaway spot for everyone.

Sheri said...

Maybe that rabbit is eating all of the other rabbits.

I love spending time with you guys at the cabin. Are you going for Labor Day?

Kim said...

Sheri, we are going for Labor Day. Are you?