Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mission to be grateful

M2B=) days 534 - 543.  Saturday, July 23rd - Monday, August 1st.

I have decided instead of posting happiness for days 534 - 543, I am posting gratefulness.  There are sooooo many things and people I have to be grateful for.  I really hope I don't forget anyone!

Saturday, July 23rd gratefulness:   Tonight Joe and I were hanging out at my mom's.  My mom and dad had just walked in the door from a return home trip from the cabin, when my mom got a call.  My sister Stacy had a seizure in the Walmart parking lot in Show Low.  I am grateful that she was not alone when it happened.  I am grateful that they were in town and near a hospital (literally next door to one), instead of 30 min. away at the cabin.  I am grateful for capable doctors and for air vac.  They flew her back to the valley.  Mostly I am grateful that she is ok!  I am glad that I was with family and I am thankful for prayer and for priesthood blessings.

I am also grateful for my sister Sheri today.   I got to spend some time with her tonight, and she is awesome.

Sunday, July 24th gratefulness:  I went to visit Stacy in the hospital today.  I am glad that she is going to be ok.  She better not scare us like this again!  She is an awesome sister, and I love her so much!

Monday, July 25th gratefulness:  Today was Joseph's first day of high school.  I am so grateful for Joseph.  I thoroughly enjoy being his mom.  He is such a great kid and I am blessed to have him in my life.  

Today was my first day of school too.  I am grateful for lots of hugs from my last year kids as I pass them in the hallway.  I am also grateful for a new batch of kiddos that I am sure I will just love.

Tonight Brian gave Joe and I our back to school blessings.  I always feel better after a blessing.

Tuesday, July 26th gratefulness:  Today was crazy!  It is no fun to get a call from your husband and having him tell you that he passed out!  I am thankful that he woke up, and was able to call me.  I am thankful that I have an understanding teacher, who didn't ask questions, but just told me to go.

I am thankful to live so near a hospital, where we can get medical attention when we need it.

I am thankful for capable Dr.'s who can help when I can't.

We spent nearly 6 hours in the E.R. before Brian was finally admitted and brought to a room.  I was very thankful when we finally got to a room.  

Brian was very thankful when they finally brought him something to eat, even if it was only a lemon ice.  They immediately put him on a liquid only diet.  He had all kinds of tests and procedures to do, so liquids only.  He ended up being on liquids only for 4 days.  He was VERY grateful when he was finally able to eat again.

This is the only photo I took of the 6 days we were in the hospital.  He was so happy to finally get his lemon ice.

Wednesday, July 27th gratefulness:  Today I was thankful for people.  I am grateful for all of the friends and family who texted, called, e-mailed, facebooked their well wishes and prayers for Brian.  I know some really awesome people.  

I am grateful for my mom for basically being Joe's taxi and picking him up from school, and for letting him hang out, and for feeding him, when I was at the hospital nearly 24-7.

I am so thankful for Sheri, aka Joseph's second mom.  She let him crash at her house for 6 days straight.  And made sure that he made it to school in the mornings.

I am thankful for Stacy, for offering to let Joe hang out with her and her family, even though she just got out of the hospital herself yesterday.

I am grateful for a young women's president and beehive advisor that I can just dump everything on at the last minute.  I was in charge of our Wednesday night activity tonight, and I basically had to turn it over at the last minute.  I love that people are so willing to help.  Thank you Nikki and Shauna!

I am sure I will forget to thank people who helped me so much.  Those 6 days in the hospital were a blur.  If I forget you, I am sorry.  I am just giving a blanket "thank you" to all of my friends and family.  I love you guys.

Thursday, July 28th gratefulness:  Brian had surgery tonight.  I am thankful for modern medicine and doctors who know how to fix things that I have no clue about!  I am thankful for my in-laws who sat with me the entire time, bought me dinner, and waited until he was awake, and back in his room before going home, even though it was very very late at night.  

I am also thankful for a good visiting teacher who makes the best baked goods ever!  She brought banana bread!

Friday, July 29th gratefulness:  I am grateful for percocet.  After trying many different medications all night long, the percocet he got this morning finally helped.  At least he was able to finally get some sleep after a long, painful night.  

I am also grateful for nurse Jeff who came in this morning.  He was sooooooooo much better than the night staff we had last night.

Saturday, July 30th gratefulness:  I am grateful for showers, and for in-laws who came and sat with Brian so I could go home and see Joe and take a shower, and feel normal for a bit.  I am grateful for a sister in law who works at the hospital, who checked on Brian several times a day to make sure he was getting the care he needed, and who talked to all the right people when he wasn't!

Sunday, July 31st happiness:  I am thankful for some really great friends who brought us dinner tonight.  Thank you Karen and Brenna!  Brian was supposed to come home today, but because of a fever, they wouldn't release him.  We still got dinner and Joe and I got to spend some time together eating some really good food!  

I am also thankful for good friends who came to the hospital today to see Brian and to give him a blessing, and to check on him!  Like I said before, I know some really fantastic people.

Monday, August 1st gratefulness:  I am grateful for a job, where my boss, and my teacher are so understanding, that I had to miss 4 1/2 days of work, during the first week of school.  They covered for me and made sure that I stayed as long as I needed to.

I am most grateful that Brian got the ok to come home today.  I have never been so happy to be home in my whole life!

I am thankful for Tia's family for bringing in dinner tonight.  Joe said it was the best BBQ chicken he had ever tasted!

Mostly I am grateful that Brian got the help that he needed and that he is going to be ok.  I am thankful that he is home!

6 comments:

drjlambson said...

I think this post was a copout for not wanting to post pictures. Just kidding, Seriously though I am grateful that everyone is ok and feeling better and sorry I couldn't be there to help more.

Kim said...

Could be. I didn't really take any pictures those days. They were all one big blur of tiredness to me!

drjlambson said...

Actually, considering you were with Brian the whole time, I appreciate not having to look at too many photos of Brian's mug

Sheri said...

I'm with the dr. No one wants to see pics of sick Brian! j/k. You know I am always there for you and will always help you in any way I can. I love you!

Teresa said...

Wow, what a stressful few days. I'm so glad you had so many people close by who came to support you. I'm also glad everyone is doing better. I think you need a vacation now.

Brian said...

I too am grateful for so many people and so many things. I realize just how bad it was and I try not to think about it. Thank you to EVERYONE for your well wishes and your help. It truly means the world to me.