Saturday, August 13, 2011

July 5 - 10

M2B=) days 516 - 521.  Tuesday, July 5th - Sunday, July 10th happiness:  

Tuesday, July 5th happiness:  Sheri had to go to the doctor today and have some tests done.  She was going to be put under, so I had to go with her so I could drive her home.  I met some interesting people in the waiting room, and I had to go to Quizno's and get a diabetic lady a soda and a cookie.  I can be helpful when I want to be. :)  

Later, she was still pretty out of it, so I took her kids to the movie.  Joe and Alex stayed behind, but I took Max, Ben and Evan.  I love my nephews.  It was fun to hang out with them.  Evan was especially cute.  He really liked the movie.  Any time I get to hang out with the kids, is a good day!



Wednesday, July 6th happiness:  I love that it is Summer.  Not the oppressive heat, but the fact that I get to hang out with Joe all day.  Today we spent a considerable amount of time on FAILblog.  Too much time probably, but we were laughing so hard and having so much fun.  Love it.

Today, we also went to my mom's so Joe could hang out with the boys.  I enjoyed watching Michael "fly" his bird around.  The bird isn't really flying.  Michael just holds it in his hand and then walks quickly around the room moving his hand up and down so his bird feels like it is flying.  It was pretty funny, and the bird really seems to like it.  Odd.  

Thursday, July 7th happiness:  Speaking off odd......
Let's talk about Michael.  Odd is probably a good word to describe him.  Today I took Joe, Michael and Alex back up to the cabin.  We got there in the evening, so we stopped at Little Caesars and picked up a $5.00 pizza for dinner.  Michael really wanted me to take his photo in front of the "Hot and Ready" sign.  I always thought that was a bit of a weird choice for advertisement. "Hot and Ready, only $5.00."  

After I took this photo, Michael then proceeded to walk in, go right up to the counter, pulled out a half eaten bag of twizzlers, set it down on the counter and asked the employee if he could make a trade.  His twizzlers for a pizza.  I told Michael that next time he is waiting in the car.  I love my nephews.  Even the weird ones.  

Friday, July 8th  happiness:  Any day I am at the cabin is a good day.  I love the smell of the trees.  I love the big sky that seems to go on forever.  I love the clouds rolling in, in the afternoon with the promise of rain.  I love the long lazy days that go on forever.  I wish I never had to leave. 

Brian drove up tonight to spend the weekend with us.  Woo hoo!   

Saturday, July 9th happiness:  My dad kept the boys busy this morning.  He would drive Alex and Michael to go get a bunch of rocks.  Then they would dump them, and Joe had to put them down in the ditch area.  I love it when my dad makes Joe work!  It's good for him.
Although, at times, I'm not sure how much working was going on......
Dad let Alex drive the bobcat.  He mastered it pretty quickly.
After work, there was time for play.....
Good times.  

Sunday, July 10th happiness:  We got some good rain today!  Rain.  I had almost forgotten what it looked like.


This afternoon it cleared up enough for Brian to take me on a ranger ride.  :)
We saw a bunch of elk.  When they saw us, they took off running.  We drove up to the road and caught them crossing the road just in front of us.  Awesome.
Sadly, Brian had to go home tonight, but I am glad he was able to come, even if it was just for a couple of days.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I swear I thought I commented on this post before, but it's not here. I took Jack to see Cars 2 and wasn't really impressed with it. It didn't really capture his attention either and he loved the first one. Oh, well. I'm glad you all liked it.

Sheri said...

You are such an awesome sister. Thank you so much for helping me!

Also, Michael is the best.