Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finishing June

M2B =) days 506 - 511.  Saturday, June 25th - Thursday, June 30th happiness:

Saturday, June 25th happiness:  Today Joe and I cleaned.  It is always such a good feeling when you get done.  This afternoon we went and saw Super 8.  I wasn't sure I wanted to see it.  I liked it, mostly.  It was very reminiscent of movies done in the 80's.  The kids are the main characters and it is told from their point of view.  Too much swearing though.  The kids have potty mouths.
Also today, Brian surprised me with this:

I have had my eye on this picture for a while.  He went and bought it for me.

I love it!  

He also got this one for our bedroom.  We decided to change it up and do a beach theme.  We got a new bedspread.  Next up - paint.


Sunday, June 26th happiness:  So, for fathers day, we got Brian a smoker.  It finally came, and we tried it out today.  We had to do ribs first, of course.  They were super yummy. 
Tonight, Max and Ben came over to spend the night.  We played a few games of 5 crowns.  Then we had to stop because it was ridiculous how badly Max kept beating us.  I swear every time he pulled a card he would say, "Oh, look!  I got a joker."  
I have decided that I may not be able to play 5 crowns with Max anymore.  It's not good for my ego.

Monday, June 27th:  The morning after.  I think the boys had fun.  I like having them over because it makes Joe happy to have friends to play with.

Tuesday, June 28th happiness:  For part of Joe's father's day gift to Brian, he said he would take him to get gelato. (hmmm...perhaps Joe picked this because HE loves gelato??)  Anyway, they went tonight.  The sweeties brought me back some:
It is half Ferrero Rocher (If you don't know what that is, you SHOULD.  Chocolate and hazlenut goodness), and half Chocolate Amaretto.  I didn't know anything could be this good.  I love my boys.

Also tonight, I went with my mom and dad to see this movie:
It's about the Willie and Martin handcart companies crossing the plains, and the miracles they experienced along the way.  It was SO GREAT.  We knew it wouldn't be in the theaters long, and it was only playing at the Cinemark, so we HAD to go see it.  I am so glad I did.

Wednesday, June 29th happiness:  Our mutual activity tonight - tubing the Salt River.  While the planning part was a little bit of a headache, the actual activity was so great!  We had clouds overhead, so not too sunny, and the water was cool enough, without being too cold - refreshing.  And the kids of course, were fantastic!  It was a lot of fun.

Thursday, June 30th happiness:  Joe and I went with the Trezise clan to see Transformers 3 today.  While I liked the first one, I didn't see the second, and I didn't really care if I saw the third or not.  Maybe it was because I wasn't expecting much, but I really loved it.
Shia LaBeouf is ridiculous.  He really makes the movie.  

Also, tonight was book club.  I don't always end up making it, but I wanted to go this time.  I found the book very interesting, and I wanted to see what other people thought about it.  

It wasn't our typical book club type book.  No story line here.  It is the first non-fiction book we have read.  I had a hard time getting into it at first, it is more like a text book for a psychology class, but I thought that the information was so good, that I kept reading.  It's not like a story, a quick read.  I found myself having to re-read paragraphs, so I could understand the concept.  I liked it.  For the first time in a long time, I felt challenged, and I felt like I was learning something.  It was like being back in school.  I've forgotten how much I like that.
I also found it helpful.  I am not naturally a positive person.  It is something I struggle with and have to work at.  I found this book helpful.  Plus, going to book club is always great.  You know you get to hang out with some great people.

That's it for now.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I have to say I really like the black and white pic against those green walls. Very nice. And now I really want a smoker!

Sheri said...

Anytime you want to invite me over for ribs...

also, I love you and am so glad you are my sister. You are awesome. Thank you for always being there for me and listening.