Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesday's with Jared

TUESDAY, MAY 5th - 2009

Every Tuesday night at 7:00 Joseph has a guitar lesson.  He has the greatest teacher EVER - his cousin Jared Ammon.  Jared Ammon is the the coolest.  He is really helping Joe become a good guitar player.  I snuck in at the end and snapped a quick picture.  I didn't want to interrupt.  This week they were learning some Matt Costa.  Brian recently went to his concert and Joe wanted to rub it in that he can play Matt Costa songs and Brian can't.  (on a side note, I actually caught Joe teaching Brian a Matt Costa song.  They were practicing and singing together.  It was really cute).
Also, today was Percy Jackson day - hooray! Wow, I just experienced some deja vu there.  It was almost one year ago today that I typed that same thing (It was May 6th last year).  Last year it was book 4 that we were excited about.  This year it is book 5 - Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian.  This is one of Joe's very favorite book series.  We love Percy Jackson around here.  As soon as guitar lesson was over we hurried over to Barnes and Noble and picked up the book.
I can't wait to read this one.  Joe better hurry and finish.

On a side note, I could live at Barnes and Noble.  I need to get a job there to support my addiction to reading.  Also it smells fantastic.  The smell of books and coffee (there is a starbucks inside) is fantastic to me.  I love it.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Hmmmm....that sounds like heaven...living in a book store. I think you gave me an idea for when it is time for me to return to work!

Sheri said...

Can I borrow it when you are done?

Trina said...

Kim, great idea working in a bookstore. I love to look at the people in bookstores. Im a people watcher. And I also love the coffee smell too. Good for Joe playing guitar, hes such a great kid.

AZ Hey-mon said...

my boys have been begging me to take them to buy it. you are a nicer mom than me.I thnk I would go broke working in a book store.

Kim said...

Karen, I had a 30% off coupon and Joe paid for half. That's the only way I would agree to it.

Heather said...

Wow I didn't know that the book had already come out. Now I am going to have to get it pronto. I love the Percy Jackson series. And I have to say that I am impressed that you have done the photo a day for a year. You are pretty amazing.

Becca said...

I love the guitar - don't let him quit! Tim finished The Last Olympian on May 5th - and yes, I am lagging with the Title page...