Saturday, May 9, 2009

Riding Giants

SATURDAY, MAY 2nd - 2009

This morning Brian and Joe went and saw the first showing of X-men origins:  Wolverine.  I told you Joe couldn't wait.  

After wasting the day away yesterday I had the best intentions of getting something accomplished while they were gone.  Sometimes while I work (especially with ironing), I'll turn the t.v. on.  So, I switched it on and was looking for something.  What I found was a documentary film on the history if big wave surfing, and tow-in surfing.  It's called "Riding Giants."  It was made by Stacy Peralta - one of the original legendary Z-boys. The Z-boys were a group of skateboarders from Santa Monica in the 1970'2 credited with popularizing skateboarding in the 1970's.  And there's your history lesson for the day.  

Any way, I'd seen this documentary before and I liked it, so I kept it on.  I have such a love of the ocean.  It's a beautiful thing.  And, I've always wanted to learn how to surf.   Of course, I ended up getting totally sucked in to the show and didn't get any work done.  Oh well.  

6 comments:

Kim said...

Ok, I don't know why it posted that last part in bold black lettering. I tried to change it, but it wouldn't let me. Oh well.

AZ Hey-mon said...

That looks like a very cool show. I have the same problem working with the TV on.

Sheri said...

I love shows like that. So was the show about how skateboarding came from surfing?

Darrel said...

I think there was a movie about the Z Boys with Heath Ledger in it. But I never saw it.

Becca said...

Yeah, It would be nice to know how to surf.

Teresa said...

Very cool pic!