Monday, May 11, 2009

I did it!

SUNDAY, MAY 3rd - 2009

Do you know what today is?  It is day 365 of my photo-a-day blog.  Woo hoo!  I did it.  One year ago I decided to take the photo-a-day challenge from my friend Karen.  I wasn't sure I would be able to do it.  I'm not so great at following through on things.  But, I decided I'd try.  I can't believe I actually did it.  I posted at least one photo for every day of the last year.  Now true, not all of the photo's were mine, some I downloaded from the internet, but hey, she never said I had to be the one to actually take the photos.  

I went back to the beginning today and looked at them all.  It was fun to go back and look over all of the things that happened in the last year.  It's like a mini journal.  I never was really good at journal writing.  

Anyway, I've always loved trips down memory lane.  Now I'll have something to look back on.  I haven't decided yet if I'll continue the challenge for this next year or not.  Somedays it was really hard to come up with a photo.  Some days are just filled with laundry, chores, errands - nothing too exciting.  It's hard to take photo's on those days.  We'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyway, here is my photo for day 365:
It's from Family Home Evening at my mom's house.  My mom must be giving a great lesson, she's got everybody's attention.

Happy day!  See you tomorrow (maybe).

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Congrats! I know I have enjoyed your posts over the last year. Keep 'em coming.

Sheri said...

I love your photo a day. And FHE was fun. My kids are so excited about reading the BOM

Brian said...

Seriously, STOP abbreviating!!!!

AZ Hey-mon said...

WTG Kim! I am so impressed you did it. seeing as it was almost 1 year ago that I gave up. LOL!
It has been awesome to see the year in the life of KIM.

Shauna said...

Maybe you need to motivate Karen to do Photo-a-day. She's such a slacker!! :)