Saturday, May 23, 2009

R.I.P. camera

I have good excuses for not posting daily.  Really, I do.  Sadly, my camera died.  And what fun is a post, if there are no pictures to go with it, right?

It had been very temperamental with me lately, not focusing right, or the flash kept popping up when it didn't need a flash.  Then, I was at Michael's baseball game the other night and I was trying to take some pictures.  This is the only one I got:

Right after I took this picture, the lens fell off my camera and onto the ground.  What?
Brian re-attached the lens, but now it refuses to take any pictures whatsoever.  How am I going to live without my camera?  It is like a part of me.  I am in serious mourning right now. 

So much for doing another year of daily picture posts.  Now, when I do post I'll have to use old photo's or photos from off of the internet.  

Speaking of older photo's, here are some I took about a week and a half ago.  My friend Karen called me and told me to join facebook.  I said there was no way I would be joining facebook.  I am totally anti facebook, twittering, my space or anything of the like.  The only reason I was even blogging was so I could keep a (kind of) journal.  Anyway, she then informed me that if you were on facebook, and you "friended" Doughnut Dan, then printed off the page that showed him as your friend and took it to any Krispy Kreme location, then you would get a card that would allow you a free doughnut every day for 1 year.  

So, guess what I did?  Yup!  I joined facebook.  Apparently I can be bought, and at a pretty cheap price too.  The thing is, I don't really even like Krispy Kreme doughnuts that much.  I don't even like doughnuts that much period.  I have a doughnut maybe twice a year.  What got me was the FREE.  I am a cheapo!  I am a sucker for a good deal.  So, the fact that I could get something for free was too much for me.  I joined, so did Joe and Brian, and Adam and Michael.  Dallin was already on facebook.  Anyway, we joined, we drove to Krispy Kreme, we got our FREE doughnuts and our cards.  The boys were pretty happy!

I think Michael and Joe were the happiest.

Thanks for the tip Karen!

9 comments:

Teresa said...

FUNNY! I wondered what got you to join facebook...now we know. I am the same way with FREE--it gets you everytime! Be proud of being cheap--it's a good way to live.

Brian said...

Nobody panic!!! I will get kim a new lens!!!! I think her camera is more important than me, to be honest!

AZ Hey-mon said...

When the sweet nursery children asked where you were today, I told them you were so sad that your camera was broken that you stayed home from church to eat doughnuts.

oh how I crack myself up. bummer about your camera. I lost mine at the stake fair.... with Chole's baptism pictures on it. :(

Brian said...

So YOU were the one in the program desperately looking for their camera!!! I felt sad for that person but now that I know who it is....not so much. HA! JK!! I hope you find it.

Shauna said...

I immediately got on Facebook and asked you to be my friend. Because reading your blog everyday is just not enough for me. I must know what you are doing at all times. I'm such a busy-body!!

Having typed that - please don't get a restraining order against me.

p.s. Karen talked me into signing up for Facebook too. Such evil influence :)

Shauna said...

Oh, yeah, I befriended Doughnut Dan too. I like free and I like doughnuts. I like free doughnuts even better!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Hey btw, I lead you to free doughnuts and you don't friend me.
what up wit dat?

Kim said...

Karen, I don't know HOW to friend you. I am inept when it comes to facebook. I don't know how to do anything. Anything that has been done has been Brian's doing.

Sorry about your camera. I was wondering why you hadn't posted photo's of Chloe's baptism.

Did you have to sub for me in nursery? I am lame. Sorry.

Sheri said...

I like Facebook. It's blogging for the simple-minded :)

I like doughnuts which is why I didn't "friend" doughnut Dan.