Saturday, March 31, 2012

birthdays and movies and FUN.

M2B=) days 736 - 742.  Monday, February 20th - Sunday, February 26th happiness:

Monday, February 20th happiness:  Today was Sheri's birthday!  Happy Birthday to Sheri.  Tonight we went and saw The Vow.  I love Rachel McAdams so I was excited to go.  I laughed, I cried.  It was all good.  


Tuesday, February 21st happiness:  We put in a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Wallflower recently and my house smells awesome.  I love that I can smell it right when I come in the door.  Since you can't really take a photo of a smell, this is the next best thing:
The only problem is, that it is a Fall smell and it makes me think that Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner.

Wed. February 22nd happiness:  Today was the Fun. at Zia Records appearance.  I took Joe and Alex and Ben with me.  The NOT fun part was waiting in line for like 2 hours outside of Zia.  It was hot and the sun was in my face.  On the plus side.  While waiting, I made the boys stand in line and I went in Zia and shopped.  I picked up the new Nada Surf album for Brian.  It was the last one in the store.  Score!

Joe and Alex saw someone they knew from school farther up the line, so they took Ben with them and ditched me so they could have a better place in line.  Actually they didn't ditch me.  I told them they should go if they wanted to.  The best part was, when they started letting us in, the way the store is set up, and they had to squeeze us down the aisles, I ended up getting a better spot than they did.  I was right by the door where the band came out!  Ben worked his way through the crowd back to me.  We got to slap their hands as they came out on stage.  Awesome.

I also stood next to Nate Ruess's dad and grandma.  Cool.  

One of my all time favorite photos of the band FUN.  :
They played a few songs and Nate talked to the crowd a lot and really got them into it, and told some funny stories and was really just such a good performer.  It was totally worth the wait.

Also, seeing how happy Ben was and watching him sing the words to every song was awesome.  

After the show, we got back in line so we could meet the band and get autographs.  Thankfully Dallin, Cody and Michael weren't too far back and they let us cut in.

What an awesome night.  I loved seeing the band, and I loved hanging out with Joe and with my nephews.  They are awesome.

Thursday, February 23rd happiness:  Still on a Fun. high.  I have been listening to them all day.  I can't wait for the concert in March.

Friday, February 24th happiness:  Brian and I went to see This Means War.  I think he liked it a little better than I did.  It did have some really funny parts in it, but also some things I didn't like.   Over all, I would say it was pretty good.  Not on my favorites list though.

Saturday, February 25th happiness:  Since Joe's birthday falls on a Sunday this year, we decided to celebrate mostly today.  He didn't really want a party or anything, so we just took him to lunch and then shopping.  We picked up Michael and then went to The Olive Garden.   Then we offered to take him shopping anywhere.  We ended up getting him some new shoes, and then going to Tilly's, where he didn't buy much, just a jacket.  He is easy to please.
It was a fun day.  I love hanging out with Joe.  And Michael isn't bad either =)

Sunday, February 26th happiness:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!  The best day of my life was they day you came into it!  Even though we had birthday day yesterday, we couldn't do NOTHING on the actual day.  So we did have a couple of surprises for him.
We got him a comforter for his bed.  He has been wanting one forever.
Also, I got him a frame for his signed FUN. poster and cd cover.  
 
We hung it on the wall right away.
Brian made blueberry pancakes for Joe this morning, and then he made him Chicken Fried Steak for dinner.

I love that Brian likes to cook.

Joe  facts:

*He is 15 and a Freshman in High School.
*He LOVES music (in case you couldn't tell).  Some of his favorites right now are Guster, Fun., Panic at the Disco, Jason Mraz.
*He plays the guitar and writes songs.  
*He writes great lyrics.  
*He loves to go to the beach, and to the cabin.
*He asks me almost every day when we are moving to California.
*His favorite colors are purple and black.
*His favorite shows right now is Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and Happy Endings.  
*He is currently into longboarding, and can't wait to long board on the boardwalk on Mission Beach this summer.
*He gave up sugar in early December and is still going strong.  I don't know how he does it.
* His favorite food is any sea food.

Happy Day!




3 comments:

Sheri said...

Thank you for making my birthday awesome and for taking the boys to see FUN. You are awesome!

Teresa said...

Joe sounds like an awesome kid!

Brian said...

He IS an awesome kid....cause he's mine! Lol. Happy Birthday Joe! Love you.