Friday, March 16, 2012

productive, happy, sweet days

M2B =) days 717 - 724.  Wednesday, February 1st - Wednesday, February 8th happiness:

Wednesday, February 1st happiness:  The gym.  It is a pain to get there, but afterwards, I am always glad that I went!

Thursday, February 2nd happiness:  Happy Groundhog day!  This afternoon, Sheri and I went to see Grandmother.  We took a couple of boys with us.  


Any day that I get to visit with Grandmother is a good day!

Friday, February 3rd happiness:  The mere fact that it is Friday makes me happy.  I never appreciated TGIF very much until I started working.

Saturday, February 4th happiness:  We had a MUCH needed cleaning day today.  Brian tackled the garage.  He gutted it, took several trips to the dump and we got rid of a lot of things.  It is fantastic.

Joe was my super helper.  The things he was required to do:  Clean the mirrors in both bathrooms, sweep the front porch, unload the dishwasher, vacuum the family room, help with the laundry, and clean and vacuum his room.

He really did a fantastic job.  He even added some new Nightmare Before Christmas pictures to his room:

Now, here is the list of things that were NOT required, that he did without being asked:  Cleaned the sinks and countertops in the bathroom, and helped me paint the wall in the kitchen.

I love Joe!

I paid bills today, and tackled the wall in the kitchen! 
All we have to do is to get the chair rail up, and we are done!  Woo hoo.

A productive day is a happy day.

Sunday, February 5th happiness:  Our lesson in young women's today was about being happy.
I loved it, of course.

Monday, February 6th happiness:  Even though we are no where near easter, the Cadbury mini eggs are in the stores.  
So yummy!

Tuesday, February 7th happiness:  CLOUDS!  I love me some clouds in Arizona.

Wednesday, February 8th happiness:  One of my laurel's has a birthday today, so brought her a cupcake and wished her a happy birthday.  I volunteered to pick up the cupcakes.  Any excuse to go to Sweet Daddy's.  One of my former beehives had a birthday yesterday, so I picked one up for her too.  Oh, and it's also Stacy's birthday, so I had to get her one too.

I also picked up a raspberry lemonade one for Brian, and a chocolate one for Mrs. J.  It's teacher conference week.  I thought I would bring her a little pick me up!
I wasn't planning on getting one for me, until I saw the maple bacon one.  Then I knew, I must have it.
Maple is one of my favorite flavors ever.  I watch the Food Network show "The Best thing I Ever Ate."  One of the "best" things featured is an apple, maple bacon donut, that a place in San Francisco makes.  It looks so delicious.  I dream of going to San Fran one day, just for that donut.

So, when I saw the maple bacon cupcake, I knew I must try it.

It did not disappoint.

Happy Day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Bacon makes everything better!

Sheri said...

The maple bacon cupcake was surprisingly good. I love Sweet Daddy's too :)