Sunday, April 8, 2012

Feb. 27 - Mar. 4

M2B =) days 743 - 749. Monday, February 27th - Sunday, March 4th happiness.

Monday, February 27th happiness: Tonight, Brian made dinner while I scrapbooked at the kitchen table and Joe read. It was soooo nice to not have the t.v. on. It was nice to have a quiet evening. And it was SUPER nice that Brian made dinner so I didn't have to. I LOVE it when he does that.

Tuesday, February 28th happiness: And now, following my post about no t.v. I will talk about watching t.v.

Tonight after dinner, Brian and I cozied on the couch and watched the Amazing Race. I love hanging out on the couch after a long day. And I love that Brian and I like the same shows, so we can watch them together.

Wednesday, February 29th happiness: Early release day! Woo hoo! I had one whole hour to myself this afternoon before I had to go pick up Joe. I loved it.

Thursday, March 1st happiness: Tonight was MELS (or book club). I am sporadic about going, but this month I actually read the book and couldn't wait to go.

This months book:
It is about a woman who was born into the FLDS church and at 35 years old, finally found a way to Escape with her 8 children. Escape is the correct term too, because her husband pretty much hunted her down after she left. It was an interesting read. I was horrified by the conditions that these women and children live in and how they are treated. It was a real eye opener.

Some of the girls really got into the spirit of the book and dressed like the FLDS women would dress and do their hair. It is really scary how natural it looked on some of them.

I didn't take this photo, I snagged it of of facebook from one of the girls who posted it.

I love book club.

Friday, March 2nd happiness: Today was Read Across America Day, in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday. This afternoon, the entire school went out onto the playground with our books and we sat and read for half an hour. I don't get to read nearly as much as I used to or would like to, so it was really nice.

I took a lot of photos too. Here is one I got of Max reading with his friends:
I heart reading.

Saturday, March 3rd happiness: Did some much needed cleaning today - especially the Laundry room. It always gets neglected because it isn't one of those rooms that will be seen if people come over. It felt good to get it back in order.

Watched Castle tonight with Brian. LOVE it.

Sunday, March 4th happiness: Family Home Evening.

Addy looks so cute with her 2 front teeth missing:
I loved Max's face in this photo:
Ruby helped give the lesson:
So did Josh:
Rowan sang a song, but for some reason, I didn't get a photo.

I did get one of Darrel though. Can you tell he likes to get his picture taken about as much as I do?
Holly was happy to see Joe. That dog loves him.
Happy Day!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

i can never get a picture of darrel either.

Teresa said...

I miss reading...it's so hard to find time to read anything other than children's books. Good thing I like children's books.