Sunday, October 30, 2011

Aspens

M2B =) day 614.  Tuesday, October 11th happiness:

ASPENS!
This is why I love to come to the cabin for October break.  I love to see the changing of the leaves.
There were even a few red ones.
I went for a long drive by myself and enjoyed the trees.
When I got near Greens Peak, there was even a little left over snow.  It made me ready for Christmas.
I was gone for about an hour, just driving, and then getting out and walking in the trees.  It was so pretty and peaceful.
This may have been my favorite day of the trip.

Some of the leaves shimmered like gold, in the sun.
I stopped and made a wish on the way home.
I took this one for Joe.  He and I share an affinity for dead trees.  
Tonight I took Xander and Joe on a ranger ride to look for Elk.  The moon was HUGE.
We saw 3 elk right away, and later saw a deer.  We also saw several rabbits, squirrels, and even a chipmunk who was poised on a tree stump right next to the road.  It was perfect.

On the way back, we stopped so Alex could use his elk call.  We talked to the elk, and they talked back for a good long time.

Today was a great day.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Seriously BEAUTIFUL pictures.

Sheri said...

Awesome pictures! I wish I would've been there.