Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cabin, Cookies and Red Devils

M2B =) days 615 - 620.  Wednesday, October 12th - Monday, October 17th happiness:

Wednesday, October 12th happiness:  One last long ranger ride to Christmas Tree Trail before we had to head home.
These boys (and I) seriously did not want to leave.  It is just heavenly up here.
We finally made it home tonight.  At the cabin, my mom kept telling me about the BEST apples ever.  They are called Honey Crisp and I just HAD to try them.  Tonight, when we got home, guess what Brian had bought?  Yup - Honey Crisp apples.  I had never heard of these before, and now, within like 2 days, I had 2 people telling me how fabulous they were.  They not only, were good, but they were ginormous.   Look at the size of that thing!
Thursday, October 13th happiness:  Cookies from Sheri!  Is there anything better?
Friday, October 14th happiness:  Having a long, lazy day at home with Joe.  I did all the laundry from our trip.  He and Tiger hung out on the bed and kept me company.  Also, we watched many episodes of The Big Bang Theory.  Good times!
Saturday October 15th happiness:  Wanda Witch Party!  Woo hoo!  I look forward to it every year.  This year we were on The Red Devil's team.  We were partnered with the Brande's, Jones', and the Munroes.  What an awesome team to be on!  I didn't bring my camera, so I had to steal this photo off of Maddy's blog.
We came in 4th this year.  Not as good as we had hoped, but much better than last year.  Last year we didn't even find all of the clues.  Win or loose, it is always a ton of fun. 

Sunday, October 16th:  Today was a sad day.  I had a Young Women's presidency this morning.  We were going to be planning Young Women In Excellence.  Instead, we found out that the wards are being re-aligned TODAY and that this would be our last week not only in young women's, but as a ward.  None of us saw this coming.  I think I was the saddest because I realized that I probably would not be in the same ward as the three other women that I am in the presidency with.  That, and I wouldn't get to be in young women's with all of these wonderful girls.  It was a rough day today. 

It got even worse tonight when I went to the Stake meeting where they announced the new boundaries.  Our ward got the worst of it.  We were split 4 different ways with members going to 4 different wards.  Most of the ward ended up together, and then 3 separate little neighborhoods went to 3 separate wards.  To say I was sad was an understatement.  I cried A LOT today.

Today was not a happy day, but I can still be grateful for all of the awesome friends that I have made in this ward, and for the time I did get to spend with these amazing young women.  Next Sunday will be hard for sure, but all of those unfamiliar faces will just be opportunities to meet new friends, and more amazing people.  Also.  I know it seems like a silly thing, but I am so grateful for facebook, so that I can keep in touch with all of the families that I will miss so much.

Monday, October 17th happiness:  Last day of October break (for me anyway, Joe doesn't go back to school until Wednesday).  We decided to go see a movie tonight.  But first we went to Paradise Bakery for dinner, and for Molasses cookies.  Yum!

We saw The Big Year.  I liked it a lot.  I'm sure some people would find it boring, but I thought it was a really cute story about what is really important in life.  I really liked it because it is RARE these days that you can find a movie that isn't filled with violence, or sex, or bad language, or that isn't all about special effects.  I especially liked that the song at the closing credits of the movie was a GUSTER song.  I love it!

Happy Day!

Oh, and this photo has nothing really to do with my post today, I just loved that I got this shot of Joe today.  He was resting with Bob.  He loves his cats.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Your cabin pics always make me wish I was camping.

Sheri said...

I loved the movie too. And I love hanging out with you.

Sheri said...

I meant The Big Year - not Footloose. I agree with you about Footloose.