Sunday, October 23, 2011

San Diego weekend

M2B =) days 604 - 608.  Saturday, October 1st - Wednesday, October 5th happiness:

Saturday, October 1st happiness:  Beach day!  woo hoo.  We slept in late, went to breakfast and then hit Target for some water, snacks, and magazines and then headed for Mission Beach, where we stayed ALL DAY LONG.  I am in heaven!
We pretty much lounged all day long.  It was fabulous.
We had to stay until sunset, of course.
I love beach days.  There aren't enough of them, so I appreciate every one I get.

Sunday, October 2nd happiness:  We dragged out our weekend as long as we could, but we finally had to say goodbye.  We took one last look at the ocean from our hotel.  I know it's hard to see, but some of that blue out there is actually water.  
Then we headed home.  

Of course we stopped at Kneader's on the way.  This place is evil.  It is good that they are located in Yuma, or I would go waaaay too much.  We brought some treats home for Joe.  He was NOT happy that he didn't get to go on this trip.
Let me just say that the chocolate chip pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting was TO DIE FOR.  I was kicking myself later for not getting more of it.  I am tempted to take a trip to Yuma just to get some more.

Finally, we made it home to this cute face:
In addition to sweet treats, we also brought him this fabulous t-shirt!  even though it was only a couple of days, I sure did miss this kid.

Monday, October 3rd happiness:  Today I washed piles of Laundry, did dishes and vacuumed.  Even though cleaning is not my favorite, It sure feels good when things are done.

Tuesday, October 4th happiness:  Today the weather was actually pretty nice (finally!) So I spent about 5 hours today doing some much needed yard work.  It felt good to work outside.  This afternoon I took Joe to hang out at mom's house, and guess who was there - Kevin!  Woo hoo.  It was fun to hang out and chat for a while.  It's always a good day when Kevin is in town.

Wednesday, October 5th happiness:  Spent the day driving around like a crazy person, getting errands done, and shopping to get ready for the cabin trip tomorrow.  While I am not super fond of errands, if it means I get to go to the cabin, then I am happy to do it.  

Also, I got to see Kevin again this afternoon.  Two days in a row!

That's it for now.

Happy Day!


3 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the beach. I wish I lived on the beach. It looks like a great trip.

Brian said...

AWESOME pics, other than me! Shush Teresa. It was a great trip, albeit short.

Sheri said...

The beach looks fabulous! Although we did miss you for conference at the cabin.