Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We Remember

M2B =) days 579 - 582.  Tuesday, September 6th - Friday, September 9th happiness:

Tuesday, September 6th happiness:  The kids at school have been reading Fantastic Mr. Fox.  They love it.
Along with reading the story, they had to do projects.  There were a number of things they could pick from.  Some put on a play, others did a puppet show.  There were dioramas, and drawings and one girl even wrote a song about one of the characters and sang it for the class.  I loved seeing all of the creativity as they kids presented their Mr. Fox projects.  I didn't want to post any photos of the kids, so instead you get Mr. Fox....
Also today:
We got back from the cabin yesterday, but I can't put my bag away because Tiger loves it so much.  He found himself a new sleeping spot.

On a side note (a not-so-happy one) Joe has strep throat and a double ear infection.  Poor kiddo.  He is miserable!

Wednesday, September 7th happiness:  Brian took my ring in yesterday to be cleaned, so today it is so nice and shiny and pretty.  I keep looking at it all day.  I like the sparkly ring =)

Also, tonight for mutual we went to the temple and watched the Testaments.   Good stuff.  Afterwards we went to Bahama Bucks.  It's been such a long time since I've gone.  I had forgotten how yummy it is.  Strawberry Colada Bahama Rama Mama (that's with ice cream!)  Yum!

Thursday, September 8th happiness:  We learned about flowers in science today.  The kids got to dissect their flowers and learn about all the different parts.  I like flower day because I get to go home with the left over flowers.  They sat on my desk all day.  So pretty!
Also, tonight as I was coming out of the grocery store, I was wishing I had my camera with me.  The sky was gorgeous.  It was like a horizontal rainbow.  Fabulous.

Friday, September 9th happiness:  Today at school we had our September 11 commemoration.  We had a school assembly this morning.  We had special guests come:  Firemen, Policemen, Military, Nurses, Volunteers, etc.  we honored them.  Each class picked a profession and wrote an essay that was read to each of the respective groups.  

We also had a giant poster put up.  Each child in the school was given a red, white, or blue ribbon, and they pinned it on the poster.
This afternoon we had the ROTC from Chandler High come and do a flag ceremony for the kids.  It was really neat.  Then the kids got to sing a song.  
It was a great way to remember and pay our respects to those who died on 9/11, and for those who put their lives on the line every day to protect others.

It was a great day to be outside.  We were actually a little afraid we might get rained out.  We didn't!
The rain came tonight though!  Woo hoo!

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Nothing makes me happier than overcast skies.

LauraB said...

Ok, I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt. You were raised in perpetual blue skies Arizona, so I get that you like overcast, rainy days. But I was raised in ever-changing weather Missouri and I LOVE the constant blue sky of Arizona! It makes me appreciate the overcast days, but I don't want to live where they are the norm and not the exception!

Teresa said...

OK, I know I posted a comment here...like last week. What the heck?! Something about being jealous of your job and all...but nevermind...I someone doesn't like my comments.