Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aug. 25 - Sept. 1

M2B =) days 567 - 574.  Thursday, August 25th - Thursday, September 1st happiness:

Thursday, August 25th happiness:  NO 122 DEGREES DOES NOT MAKE ME HAPPY!
I just had to photograph this. This is the 5th day in a row that it has been this hot and it is ridiculous.  

So, what makes me happy today?  AIR CONDITIONING.  My air conditioning has been on the fritz.  It only works some of the time, and when it does, it still doesn't cool down below 80.  But, I am still grateful because 80 is waaaay less than 122.  What did people do before air conditioning?  I think they just melted away.

Tonight's happiness was Cold Stone Creamery.  What is better than ice cream on a hot day? (maybe ice cream on a cold day?  I love eating ice cream when it is cold).  Anyway, a friend was visiting from out of town, so a few of us got together and went for ice cream.  Good times.

Friday, August 26th happiness:  GNO at LGO.  I love a girls night out.  Sheri took some of us girls to Le Grande Orange.  It is a cute little shop/restaurant/gelato place.  Good food, awesome company, fun atmosphere....what's not to love?

Saturday, August 27th happiness:  AIR CONDITIONING!  The air is fixed!!!!!!!  We have been sweaty for so long, that we splurged today, and turned the air waaaay down.  It was the hottest part of the day, and I was feeling cold!  I might have even used my slanket.   I am so happy to have a working air conditioner again.

I did have to be out and about for a few hours while it was being fixed.  Too hot for me!  I took Joe and Alex to Air Worx and then dropped them off at Arrowhead Pool.  I went to the Library.  I couldn't find my book for book club, but I did get a Victoria Holt book for $1.00.  They were having a used book sale.  I also went to Michael's and decided that I need a lot more money because they have a lot of stuff that I want!

Lastly, I stopped by my mom's for a bit and got to hang with this kid.
Man, I love that picture.

Sunday, August 28th happiness:  Joe Ironed his shirt today.  I really wanted to take a photo for my picture of the day, but he wouldn't let me.  

Instead, you get Joe eating ice cream on the bed:
After church, Joe and I hung out and ate ice cream and talked.  What a great way to spend the afternoon.

Monday, August 29th happiness:  Joe and I watched Malcom in the Middle re-runs.  This is possibly one of the funniest shows on t.v. ever.  We can't stop laughing.

Tuesday, August 30th happiness:  My favorite thing today was eating ice cream with Joe WHILE watching Malcom in the Middle re-runs.  I like this new tradition we have started.

Wednesday, August 31st happiness:  Today I got my first hug from one of my new third graders.  Last year's class gives me hugs all the time.  This was the first hug I've gotten from my new batch!  Love my job.

Thursday, September 1st happiness:  Our class does something called School Store.  Once a week, we go around to the other classes and sell school related supplies, snack, and fun little toys.  We always choose a charity to donate some of our proceeds to.  I love it because the kids all research a charity and then present it to the class.  Then the kids vote on which charity they want to support.  

Today was the day they presented their charities.  They did such a good job.  It was interesting to see what they presented.  Afterwards the kids voted.  This year's charity:
I love the concept of school store, and that the kids in the class are so excited about giving help to others.  One boy, who's charity didn't get picked, told me that he was still going to try to earn money on his own that he could donate.  I love it.

Also today, 2 of the boys in my class told me I looked 20.  I held back my - "you should get a closer look at my eye wrinkles" - response.  I think they were trying to butter me up for something, but it made me laugh.  

Another boy, as he was leaving waved and said, "bye Mrs. Horak, you look beautiful today."  

Have I mentioned I love kids?

Happy Day.


3 comments:

LauraB said...

Yes, Mrs. Horak, you ARE beautiful - inside and out!

Sheri said...

I love that picture of Josh!

Teresa said...

Cold Stone can make anything better...and, I agree it's better on a cold day, I don't know why.