Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas...

M2B =) days 303 - 306.  Saturday, December 4th - Tuesday, December 7th.

Saturday, December 4th happiness:  Look out, because there is a lot of happiness in this day.  Here goes:

I finally finished getting the lights on my tree.  Joe and Brian got to decorate!
Last year, on the first Saturday in December, my mom, along with us and the Trezise family found ourselves eating dinner at Serrano's.  Joe decided that it should be our newest Christmas tradition - to eat at Serrano's on the first Saturday in December.  Joe is all about tradition.  This year we invited everyone along.  Most of us made it.  We missed Trina and Ruby, and Jared and Tricia's family.  There is always next year, right?
Afterwards, we went with the Gonzo's to look at Christmas lights at the Temple.  Beautiful, as always.
It was fun to go with Joshua.  He loved the lights.
This year we went in the visitor center and watched the movie "Luke 2" - all about the birth of the Savior.  Then, we went and saw the display of all of the different Nativities from around the world.  

They have this every year, and I always want to go see, but the line to get into the room is always incredibly long, and I never want to wait.  This year, there was hardly anyone there, so I finally got to see it.  It did not disappoint.  There were tons of different Nativity scenes from all over the world.  It was awesome.  I liked to see all of the differences.  Here were a few (or 9) of my favorites:








Which one do you like?
I could have stayed in there all night, but sadly, I was outnumbered.  

Next, we went to look at more lights.  We went to "The Street".  You know - the cul-de-sac where every house is decorated for Christmas.  We parked and walked it.  It was pretty crowded, but still awesome.
When we were leaving we saw this:
How cool is that?  Now I want to go to London.  Ok, so I've ALWAYS wanted to go to London, but it just reminded me of how badly I want to go.

A busy, but very happy day!

Sunday, December 5th:  Gingerbread houses at mom's house.  I was excited to see these kiddos:
It's been a while since I've seen them.  

I also loved to watch my dad decorate his house.
I must have been too busy decorating my house this year, because I didn't get many pictures, and I totally missed out on getting the photo of all the finished houses together.  I think it was because everyone had finished, and I was still working.

I didn't have my team helpers this year.  Brian and Joe both ditched me and let me do all the work.  Brian hung out on the couch, and Joe was hanging out with his cousins.  I was on my own this year.  And, I decided to do a log cabin.  It took FOREVER!
I thought it turned out cute though.  I should have posted a photo of the back.  The fireplace extended all the way down the back of the house.  It looked cool.

Monday, December 6th:  Today was kind of a bad day.  I didn't sleep well last night and was pretty much dragging all day long.  I dreamed all day long of going back to bed.  It was nice tonight to sit on the couch for a bit and do nothing, but enjoy my Christmas tree.  This was the highlight of my day!

Tuesday, December 7th happiness:  Today my third grade class went on a field trip.  We went to see the play Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells.  If you haven't read any of the Junie B. Jones books, then this will mean nothing to you.  

I love the Junie B. Jones series of books.  Super cute.  It was fun to go see the play.  The kids loved it and so did I.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I really love your tree. I think I need to do one with multi-colored lights.

Sheri said...

We should've went with you guys to see the temple lights. We didn't go this year :(

Brian said...

I love the tree!! I say that we don't take it down....