Monday, December 27, 2010

Energy, donuts and Dr. Seuss....

M2B =) days 295 - 302.  Friday, November 26th, - Friday, December 3rd.

Friday, November 26th happiness:  I finally started working on mom's tree.  I saw Jared Ammon today for about 2 minutes.  Hey, I haven't seen him in a long while, and it was nice to catch a glimpse of him today.  

Also, Xander spent the night.  We played lots of Harry Potter Scene it.  Love it!

Saturday, November 27th happiness:  Went shopping and to a movie with Brian today.  We saw this:
I actually really liked it a lot.  Rachel McAdams is just adorable.

Later I went to my mom's and worked on the tree some more.  Dallin got new glasses.  Remind you of anyone?  He has good taste.
I told you this guy was in town, and here's the proof:
It was nice to see him for longer than 2 minutes today.

Sunday, November 28th happiness:  Joe and I got up extra early today and got ready for church.  We had to be there early because all of the youth went down to Randolph today.  Joe is a youth and I am a youth leader, so we got to share this experience together.  Randolph is a place for mentally and physically handicap people.  It is a little community, and they have caregivers that take care of them.  Every Sunday, youth go down and put on a primary meeting for the residents.  Each youth gets assigned someone.  They pick them up from their room, and bring them back to the meeting place.  We then sing a bunch of primary songs with them.  Quite a few of them are like little children.  Some of them can't talk.  But they love it when we come and spend time with them.  We only get the opportunity every 4 years to go.  I'm glad Joe got to have the experience.

I got to hang out with Denise.  She can't talk, but understands when you talk to her.  She loves the primary songs and her eyes light up when we sing.  She liked to help lead the music.  Joe's guy didn't talk either, but he sure did like to drink water.  Joe filled his water bottle for him at least 6 times.  He sat by him and talked to him.  When it was all over, his guy didn't let him leave without giving him a hug first.

What a neat experience it was.  I'm so glad we got a chance to go.

Monday, November 29th:  My new favorite thing:

I swear I could not get through some days without it.  

Tuesday, November 30th happiness:  Guess what Dunkin' Donuts has for the holidays:
I had the gingerbread cake doughnut.  It was heavenly!

Wednesday, December 1st:  Tonight all of the young women went and saw this play:
Three of the girls in our ward performed in it, so we all went to support them.  It was a lot of fun.  I love Dr. Seuss.  I saw Aunt Rebecca there.  I think I may have freaked her out.  I went up and started talking to her, and she didn't recognize me.  I guess it's been a while since I have seen her.  Her son was in the play too.

Thursday, December 2nd:  I finally had time today to finish the lights on mom's tree.  I got to see Evan's master building skills.
I had some help from Joshua.  Mostly he just wanted me to wrap him up like a present and leave him under the tree for someone to open.  
Friday, December 3rd:  This is my favorite hallway at school:
It is where the art room is.  I love that the art teacher displays all of the different art from the students in the school.  I love to see the bright colors and the kids creativity.  It makes me happy to walk down this hallway every school day.
That's it for now.

Happy Day!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

OK, honestly, does that energy stuff really work? I could use some extra energy over here.

Kim said...

I've tried lots of energy stuff. 5 hr. energy seems to work best for me. It's gotten me through quite a few days where I didn't sleep much the night before.

Sheri said...

I need to try that energy drink too.

I love the art hallway too. It makes me so happy to see that all parts of my kids' brains are being challenged.